Project stack: Mysql, AWS, Kubernetes, Ruby 2.6+, Rails 5+, React, GraphQL, NodeJS + Typescript
Life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
We work on a fast-growing Fintech product which has raised multiple rounds of funding and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
We are looking for a talented engineer careful about quality and delivery to join our software engineering team. You'll join our Engineering team in building out an extraordinary web-based platform that has already helped thousands of people save money, and aims to help millions more.
The role is full-time and compensation will be based on experience. If you've been seeking a product that's worthy of your skills, then read on!
• Follow best practices and standards defined by experienced distributed Back End team
• Write clean, maintainable code, perform peer code-reviews
• Partner with team on finding new ways to solve technical and business problems
• Eager to learn new languages and platforms
• Interact with the Engineering, Product and Design people as Scrum Team member on a daily basis and be involved through all the stages of development and delivery
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or highly similar course of study is preferred, but work experience considered in lieu of degree
* 4+ years experience with Back End development using modern frameworks, like Ruby on Rails, Django, Node.js or similar MVC frameworks.
* experience building API base applications
* experience with Relational Databases and SQL (MySQL preferred)
* English - active intermediate level or higher.
Nice to have:
* experience with AWS Services such as EC2, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, S3 and SQS
* experience with RSpec or similar unit test frameworks for RoR
* understanding Agile methodologies and CI/CD best practices
* understanding or experience with Docker
* TypeScript basics
* React.js basics
* Thrive on collaboration, Engineering team works closely with Product Management, Design and Operations for everything from roll-out to feature enhancement
* Resourceful and mindful, you move fast but don't break things
* You take pride in writing and maintaining clean, modular, unit-tested code
* Problem solving and communication skills
Zoolatech is a boutique service provider, specializing in high-end software development. We are based in Silicon Valley with a Development Center in Kyiv, Ukraine. Although ZoolaTech is a relatively young player on the Eastern European market, we have deep roots and years of experience of working within Ukrainian and American high tech industries. The size of our clientele varies from Fortune 500 to inspiring startups. We are not an outsourcer in a traditional sense, rather we specialize in helping our Clients scale by extending their teams to Eastern Europe.
Over the years, we have learned that in our industry people are the most important asset, and so we treat our employees as such. We set our working environment in a way that allows individuals thrive and grow professionally, as well as personally. As much as we are dedicated to providing the best possible services to our Clients, we are just as dedicated to helping our Employees reach their professional dreams and ambitions.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
8 June 2021