At thredUP our mission is to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first, and we want your help to design and evolve applications that power the growth in our marketplace.
At thredUP we’re revolutionizing the clothing industry, and we want your help to design and evolve applications that build the backbone of our company. From image-processing and real-time prediction systems to distribution center automation and workflow-management, there are a huge number of challenging and fun projects on the horizon that you can make an impact on. We are also devoting significant time towards decoupled services, machine learning, continuous integration, and scalability.
Your role will be Applications Support Engineer, interacting with and assisting: Software Engineers who own our code, customer service (CS) team, and distribution center (DC) teams.
* Handle customer service (CS) and internal support ticket queues,
* interacting with codebase owners (Engineers), and CS/DC, teams
* Build tools to automate common support tasks
* Escalate issues to engineers and IT teams when necessary
* Monitor proactively local hardware, network and recommend fixes
* Manage tickets and provide analytics on a weekly basis.
* 1-2 years Ruby/Rails experience
* Experience with relational DBs (ideally MySQL)
* Ability to debug complicated customer and internal user issues
* Ability to work in a cross-functional team
* Analytical mindset, good troubleshooting skills
Nice to have:
* Proficiency with front-end JS frameworks (We use React/Redux)
* Knowledge/experience in distributed systems design and best practices
* Knowledge/experience with continuous integration, test automation, and monitoring
What We Offer:
* The opportunity to make a massive impact & influence outcomes for our business and customers alongside passionate coworkers
* Autonomy. The ability to make, own and carry out decisions
* High competitive top market salary
* Working within a modern tech stack
* Flexible working hours (possibility to work from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays)
* Uncounted paid vacations
* Full-coverage medical insurance, free lunches on Wednesdays, English classes, etc.
* Relocation assistance and cost coverage program for candidates from other countries and cities
ThredUP Inc. is the world’s largest online platform where you can buy and sell high-quality secondhand clothes. The company was founded in 2009 and the Head Office is based in Oakland, California.
We are foremost a technology company and that`s reflected in everything we do. We love solving hard problems with software. We think world-class technology drives long-term competitive advantage. We`re hiring software engineers, industrial engineers and data scientists so we can make the best data-driven decisions over and over again.
We believe deeply that happy, personally fulfilled employees are the best ones. That means we do things a little differently around here to make sure you`re always engaged, fresh and firedUP.
Who We Are
A growing team of 70+ engineers.
What We Use
MODERN PRODUCTION STACK:
AWS, Kubernetes, Ruby, NodeJS, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ
LANGUAGES AND FRAMEWORKS:
APIs and Services - NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, Frontend, ReactJS and Redux
Data Engineering - Java, Scala, Python
Common Tools - Docker, Newrelic, Scalyr
DevOps Tools - Terraform, Jenkins, DataDog, Ansible, PagerDuty
We will be glad to see you as a part of our happy team!