Our client is a big German recruitment company which developed its own product. Great team, fresh technologies, nice environment.
As a (Senior) Backend Developer, you contribute to building the backend system of our platform, which includes development but also infrastructure tasks. You are involved in early iterations of upcoming features to give your input on the technical side, but also on the concept and product if you want - everyone has an impact. You will implement the product requirements based on your own technical assessment. You share your knowledge with the team and enable them to develop their skills while taking care of your own learning curve and improvements. We are a true team, where everyone needs to pull their weight but no one is left behind. You will work in close collaboration with the frontend, product and QA team.
Our tech stack
The Backend is built in Rails, integrated with ElasticSearch and our AI service. The Frontend is built in React. We value transparency and control over our infrastructure, so our servers are self-hosted, but everything is cloud-ready. The infrastructure is built on Docker. We invest heavily in shared components, libraries, automated tests. We are currently preparing our infrastructure for further growth.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Ruby on Rails and exposure to other relevant backend technologies
- High standards of quality and your own work results
- You have sound architectural judgment
- Pragmatism where it makes sense. If you follow Pareto, you cut out the right 20%
- Conceptual thinking that is holistic, quick understanding of implications, and early catching of edge cases
- Effective and efficient working style, from planning your day to blindly using IDE shortcuts
- Since we truly work as a team, good communication skills are required (expressing your thoughts clearly and being proactive)
- You observe current trends and methodologies and share them with other team members
- Degree in Computer Science or in a similar field
- Fluent English
SCALORS is a German software outsourcing company, which has development centers across Europe and recruits IT specialists all over the world for permanent employment in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. We've specialized in building cost-efficient software teams in Ukraine. You work with us as a German contractual partner. This means that you have no monetary insecurities and a very high level of legal security.
Stay tuned for open vacancies on scalors.com!
DOU company page:
Job posted on
29 August 2022
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni