We’re launching an intensive 2-month full-time education program for Senior Java developers who are willing to switch to BigData stack and join one of our top BigData projects.
- You pass the full-time training program, while being a GridDynamics employee and getting the market-level salary as a Senior Java Engineer
- During the whole educational program the engineers will have a mentor and learn through a combination of theoretical and practical assignments.
- Upon successful program completion, you will join one of our most challenging BigData project as a BigData Engineer
- Functional Programming Principles in Scala
- Introduction to Hadoop infrastructure and distributed computations
- Big Data Analysis with Scala and Spark
- Project after Training
Our customer is one of the world's largest technology companies based in Silicon Valley with operations all over the world. On this project, we are working with bleeding-edge big data technologies to develop a high-performance data analytics platform, which handles petabytes of data.
Data-heavy project with modern and diverse technical stack including Spark Batch / Streaming, Scala (fs2, cats), Kafka, Kubernetes, Splunk, Prometheus and many more.
Distributed teams working with clickstream and transactional event data, communicating in English on a daily basis, and very involved in technical discussions with engineering leadership from the client.
Our regular challenges include Spark fine-tuning and optimization at scale to process billions of events and petabytes of data under very strict SLAs driven by business.
Along with business tasks, there is always an option to contribute to in-house libraries and frameworks built on top of Spark to automate workflows and improve developer experience.
Why Big Data at Grid Dynamics
- Community of 190+ experienced Big Data professionals
- 20+ clients with Big Data tech stack, including Big Tech and world leaders in - E-Commerce, AdTech and Manufacturing
- Big Data is one of our primary specialisation
- Opportunities eventually to relocate to Poland or US
- Learn more about GridDynamics expertise in Big Data on our Blog.
- 5 + years of experience in Java / Scala on commercial projects
- Understanding of the best practices in data quality and quality engineering
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Good communication skills
Will be a plus:
- Any experience with Hadoop / Spark / Hive
- Any experience with data mining and stream processing technologies (Kafka, Spark Streaming, Akka Streams)
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement
About Grid Dynamics
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation and scalable engineering and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation. We work in close collaboration with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and a high-performance product culture. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 1,200 technologists located in engineering delivery centers throughout the US, Central and Eastern Europe, Grid Dynamics is known for architecting and delivering some of the largest digital transformation programs in the retail, technology and financial sectors to help its clients win market share, shorten time to market and reduce costs of digital operations on a massive scale.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
4 July 2021