You’ll work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively under tight deadlines. You have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and good presentation skills.
Sure, you know Estée Lauder, but do you know The Estée Lauder Companies’ full family of brands? We’re also MAC, Clinique, La Mer, Origins, Bobbi Brown, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble and Too Faced… just to name a few. You know us. You love us. Why not work with us?
With headquarters in the heart of Silicon Alley in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, we connect with our customers anytime, anywhere, from any device. We’re committed to innovation, working with the best tools and technologies available to help our shoppers seamlessly navigate the digital world of beauty. ELC Online is a collaborative work environment that hums with the buzz of 80% female leadership. It’s also home to bold technologists, marketers and ecomm renegades who are shaping the future of beauty.
#137 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity 2019
#90 Forbes World’s Best Employers 2018
#122 Forbes Top Regarded Companies 2018
#137 Forbes Best Employers for New Grads 2018
#22 Forbes Best Employers for Women 2018
#97 Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies 2018
What is required?
● You have strong UX and design sensibilities, with the ability to build complex layouts and meet pixel-perfect design requirements
● You have a technical background with expertise in engineering principles and design patterns
● You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code
● You have the pro-active ability and a self-starter attitude to troubleshoot and solve problems
● You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
● You have experience working in an Agile team and using Jira
● You have strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions and presenting to a room
● You have self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
What will be a plus?
● Enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies like TDD & Pair Programming
● Drupal frontend/theming and content building, ideally Drupal 7
● Experience or background with graphic design or visual arts
● Experience with projects at enterprise scale and with global teams
● E-commerce experience
● Exposure to common development tools (Gulp, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc)
● Experience with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github)
What you will do:
● Work across our branded e-commerce websites in North America, with a focus on creating beautiful front end experiences and a best-in-class user experience.
● Work closely with product teams and brand creative teams to translate designs into websites that maintain the brand’s unique identity. Define best practices & solutions to improve the design QA process and communicate web UX best practices to brand creative teams.
● Work closely with product owners to define scalable technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
● Troubleshoot & problem solve when urgent technical solutions are needed
● Improve code quality by providing peer code review feedback to other engineers
What we offer
● Access to best-in-class engineering leadership with exciting opportunities to grow.
● A feather in your cap with your code (yes, YOURS!) living on one of the many sites for a Fortune 500 company (ranked #258 in 2018).
● Working with a global community of innovative, exciting team members at the helm of the company’s digital transformation. Leave your digital footprint on our custom, proprietary platform. Our motto is “Lead from every chair” – and we really live it!
About the project
● You will work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally.
● You’ll work alongside a highly experienced and talented team to analyze, architect, & build solutions based on business needs.
● You’ll work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively under tight deadlines. You have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and good presentation skills.
● You’ll work with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own.
We are a fast growing company in Ukraine with offices in Kharkov, Kiev & Odessa. Our true selling point is the projects we have. We work with cool startups and innovative companies that have big ideas and budgets to implement them. This includes big names like LivingSocial with 90 million users, BleacherReport with 20 000 000 MAU or FunnyOrDie - famous Emmy-winning comedy video website and film/TV production company.
Come grow with us!
DOU company page:
Job posted on
17 February 2021