We seek a Senior Software Engineer to design and implement applications/services that form part of the video ecosystem.
Our engineers want to gain energy from you and share their energy with you. We want healthy, and challenging
discussions. We expect you to guide us with your wealth of knowledge and experience, but want to remind you
that we also have a wealth of knowledge and experience and when conflicts of experience arise we expect you will
be able to handle it professionally and productively.
As an individual contributor you will need to provide proven expertise in the following areas:
● Experience with GoLang
● Experience with OTT (HLS and/or DASH, Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI), Server-Side Ad Insertion (SSAI), etc. (Optional))
● Familiar with Encoding/Transcoding (Optional) (FFMPEG, Hybrik, Elemental, CMAF, fMP4, etc)
● 3+ years of engineering experience (CS, Engineering, Physics, Math, etc)
● Conversational verbal skills for the English language.
● Excellent written skills for the English language.
● Work effectively within and across teams.
— Ability to ensure issues are discussed before they become problems.
— Align your expectations with the people you are working closely with.
— Ask questions of clarification to ensure accuracy.
Experience with the following would be helpful. Missing too many may result in too steep of a learning curve.
Please be open and honest with yourself. If you don’t have a skill set that would allow you to be 100% autonomous
with at least 4 of the following technologies and concepts, you would not be a good fit for this position.
– Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Cloudformation, Kubernetes, Helm
– GitHub, GitHub Actions
– Jenkins, Circleci, Ansible, Salt, etc
– Microservices Architecture
– Testing Best Practices (Unit Tests, Automated test suites)
– Software Design Best Practices (Encapsulation, Decoupling, Happy Path + Design for Failure)
The existing code base will require day-to-day maintenance and feature development. You will be expected to help in this effort and simultaneously provide feedback, and work closely with your mentor.
This role carries a great deal of responsibility and demand. With this in mind, you should know that the management philosophy of the engineering group you will be working with is the following:
– No Herculean efforts
— We have an agreement with our stakeholders that requests will carry with them no expectation of
efforts beyond a normal workload.
– No excessive toil
— This agreement further addresses tasks that require large amounts of time that would be considered
minimally productive. e.g. Manually reading through thousands of lines of code looking for something not well defined. i.e. Looking for something that would not be searchable using grep or similar (because you may not know what you are looking for).
– All requests will be well defined and include a measurable metric for success.
– Features and services will have properly defined SLOs.
– Will adhere to an error budget to ensure we maintain technical debt along the way.
– We are proponents of Forward Motion and do not like Stop Energy. When someone finds the passion to push for positive change, we will support those efforts with optimistic conversations, not flood it with fearful anecdotes – Stops should only incur due to facts.
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. By leveraging Agile / Lean MVP methods, cutting-edge technologies, and an integrated approach to experience design and complex engineering, we empower global brands such as Microsoft, BMC, Coca Cola, Samsung, Physio Control, and Roku to develop the “next big thing” in their markets. GlobalLogic is headquartered in Silicon Valley and operates design and engineering centers around the world, where we are continuously recognized as a top innovator and employer by organizations like Zinnov and Glassdoor.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
12 February 2021