Currently, we are assisting Level01 in extending a team of talented engineers who can hit the ground running and take the product to the next level. Level01 is on the path of disrupting the derivatives exchange landscape by building a p2p, brokerless and trustless DeFi platform.
About the Company:
Level01 (https://level01.io) has a clear mission that it adheres to: To create a fair and transparent financial platform to eliminate the middle-man and enable the individuals to perform financial activities directly, safely, and confidently with one another. Members of the team will take part in making this mission a reality and revolutionize the financial landscape for every individual.
About the job:
Level01 derivatives exchange platform consists of various interconnected micro/hybrid services. One of the segments of the eco-system is a set of front-facing APIs which communicate directly with the clients and outside integration parties. The services are implemented using TypeScript on node.js, and include various high-performance, clustered RESTful and Web socket services. You will be a part of a friendly and passionate team who will support you and will be supported by you in every step of the way. Your team will be responsible for all the technical aspects of one or more microservices.
Level01 is looking for a Senior Node.js Software Engineer to join the global product team.
As Senior Node.js Software Engineer you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of various high-performance and mission-critical (micro)services. You will be challenging your coding and design skills by working on services that continuously process large volumes of complex data.
• Design, implement and extend the current node.js services and optimize for absolute resilience and high performance.
• Build 100% available microservices from 0 to 1.
• Mentor and lead mid and junior team members and help them grow
• Provision and maintain your services on Docker and Kubernetes clusters.
• Participate as a team member in fully agile Scrum deliveries.
• Take ownership of multiple services and ensure a smooth development process and high-quality delivery.
• Embrace and commit to the real “definition-of-done” in every delivery.
• Minimum 5 years of production backend development experience.
• Experienced in TypeScript, Express.js, Socket.io, GRPC, and Swagger.
• Minimum 1-year demonstrable experience with containerization using Docker.
• Experience with building optimized communications on gRPC and HTTP.
• Hands-on experience with high performance RESTful and WebSocket services.
• Production experience with MongoDB (+ Mongoose), RabbitMQ, and Redis.
• Production experience with Kubernetes is a strong advantage.
• Production experience with Microservices architecture is necessary.
• Demonstrable experience with developing 100% available services.
• The services are normally under a massive load, so, performance tuning and writing optimized code is vital for this role.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Work autonomously with offshore team members in a distributed team.
• A self-starter with minimal supervision.
• Attitude to learn and execute.
• Being a part of an international team focused on excellence in product development
• Autonomous team structure with a lot of freedom and ownership
• Health insurance including dental care, inpatient/outpatient treatment, massage, etc.
• Flexible working arrangements: from 8-10 am to 5-7 pm
• 22 workdays of annual vacation
• Free English classes
• Modern office facilities in the city center (Gulliver BC, Palats Sportu metro station)
• Team buildings and fun activities
• The dynamic and friendly work environment
• Snacks in the office
• Work Location at INSCALE- Gulliver, Tower A, 8 floor – Sportyvna Square, 1a, Kyiv, Ukraine 01023
About Inscale Qvantel
INSCALE is a European offshore development company based in Denmark, Malaysia, Macedonia, and Ukraine.
We establish permanent development teams for European and Australian companies with the ongoing development of software applications. Each team works as an integrated part of the customer’s organization.
We offer our employees an opportunity to work on exciting projects and learn the western development procedures and culture. We have an informal Scandinavian management style where you will have autonomy and responsibility allowing you to develop your skills and grow your value as an IT professional.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
2 November 2020