Harmonic project in GlobalLogic is looking for DevOps Deployment engineer in their team! Join us!
The product for the deployment is cloud-based solution for video delivery – Unified broadcast and OTT head-end (https://www.harmonicinc.com/video-appliances-software/solutions/unified-broadcast-ott-headend/) for on-premise or hybrid installation. Office in Kyiv already consists of 40+ engineers, that work for developing and support of the solution. We work in close collaboration between parties (Support, RnD, technical pre-sales) and across the sites (France, UK, Hong Kong, US in addition to Kyiv colleagues) and with high level of responsibility to build and deliver the high-quality product and successfully meet the needs of end-clients.
We are ramping up a team of Deployment engineers for digital video cloud product. This position requires:
- Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications or equivalent;
- 2+ years of production or field experience;
- 2+ years of Linux experience (server-side configuration and administration);
- Kubernetes hands-on experience (architecture understanding, installation, usage, troubleshooting);
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and experience with troubleshooting tooling;
- Software provisioning tooling experience (preferably Ansible);
- Intermediate networking understanding and Linux networking configuration experience;
- Intermediate English;
- Good in work with technical documentation.
- Intermediate programming background (Pythor or some scripting language);
- Experience with Managed Kubernetes providers (Google Cloud, Azure etc.);
- AWS experience.
Deployment engineers are responsible for the technical side of Product demos preparation and POC setup for the clients. They work in close cooperation with Pre-Sales and Principal engineers (Lab Integrations and Field Trials) for technical enablement to push product sales forward. Main responsibilities are:
- Deployment of clusters;
- Remote Troubleshooting of Infrastructure issues;
- Service & Workflow Configuration based on Design;
- Smoke testing of the functionality for the POC/demo;
- Following the internal procedures on a hand-off to Support / RnD teams, documenting the product issues met, follow-up on their resolution, etc.;
- Proficient communication with all the parties involved for the impediments removal and service evolving.
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic unites over 16,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred company by both global HR consulting firms and local boards. By creating an environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our consultants to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. By leveraging Agile / Lean MVP methods, cutting-edge technologies, and an integrated approach to experience design and complex engineering, we empower global brands such as Microsoft, BMC, Coca Cola, Samsung, Physio Control, and Roku to develop the “next big thing” in their markets. GlobalLogic is headquartered in Silicon Valley and operates design and engineering centers around the world, where we are continuously recognized as a top innovator and employer by organizations like Zinnov and Glassdoor.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
5 October 2020