It is with huge pleasure we’re looking to add a new beetroot to our team. We are looking for a brilliant Desktop Windows/MacOS developer to join our team on behalf of an exciting client in Oslo, Norway.
Our client is an online educational assessment platform that offers innovative, reliable and secure service for clients around the globe. You will get a unique opportunity to be part of a global team that works with governments, awarding bodies, universities, municipalities, and schools to deliver secure, standardized tests.
The company focuses on ed tech and the enhancement of learning. Their mission is to improve the way students are evaluated, and how students learn. Ultimately this goal attempts to open up more opportunities in life for everyone and lead to a more fair and adaptive process of learning. What sets them apart is being a small and agile company, while dealing with major enterprise customers. They combine user-friendly and innovative work together with delivering enterprise-level features that support existing workflows.
This project is based on the programming language Go, heavily utilizing desktop OS APIs (on both Windows and Mac OS). The stack consists of AWS services, Java, ElasticSearch, etc. on the backend.
Relevant experience and abilities:
- An eye for clean, testable, maintainable, and performant code.
- Ideally experienced in working on large projects with many other developers.
- Good basis with Windows, Windows API, and interested in MacOS development. Or vice versa.
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humor and a great attitude!
- Good level of English
Bonus if you have competence/experience in:
- Network apps development, service, Core and user interface.
- Agile development methodology & Test-Driven development is a plus.
- You love borsch!
- Do more extensive development on the browser that they provide for high-stakes exams.
- The focus will be on developing additional features in the Safe Exam Browser.
- This will both be in relation to handling local storage of student submissions, automatic upload of submissions delivered while offline, and also some UI to manage/monitor these processes.
- Tasks would include participating in defining the architecture and development tasks.
Who are you?
There is such a thing as being a true Beetroot.
We value people that are eager for improvement. It means that you always try to be the most caring, professional and progressive version of yourself. Your skills and experience are important factors, but your personality, approach and improvement drive are the ones that will make a difference. We hope that you’re a «team person» with an ability to accept responsibility for your work, solve problems pragmatically, and remain a highly motivated individual overall. You’re also an outgoing, well-organized, and efficient individual with a strong ability to prioritize.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let us tell you more about us!
We’re a Swedish-Ukrainian IT company, building dream teams of developers and designers for companies around the globe. As an emerging company co-producing with other emerging companies, we work with the start-up seedlings, as well as the huge oak trees. In essence, we’re the cannonball for our client’s success. With over 300 team members, Beetroot is a family–we’re a tightly knit bunch that love spending time together. We want to provide a cozy working environment that’s packed full of trust, equality, and steaming bowls of borsch!
Oh, and we provide great perks. Which means…
- Working with our minimum level of hierarchy, family-feel team in a comfortable, well-equipped office
- Great networking opportunities with international clients
- Personal development and professional growth opportunities
- Competitive salary, paid vacation, medical top-up, and social benefits
- Team building activities like ski trips, Beetroot breakfasts, movie nights... and more!
- English lessons with native speakers
- Discounted Beetroot Academy courses
- Annual allowance to participate in competence-enhancing events
What are you waiting for? Shoot us over your CV in English
Beetroot specializes in building dedicated teams of developers and designers for clients around the world.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.
iOS / macOS