As one of the world leaders in the cybersecurity space, OpenVPN is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for setting up and maintaining infrastructure for a range of new and existing products that we are currently developing.
As networking solutions is our company’s core business, a good working knowledge of networking technologies is a must. Even more important to your success in this position would be your proactive attitude and the ability to assume responsibility and take ownership.
• Deep knowledge of Linux
• Deep knowledge of iptables, firewalls
• Deep knowledge of AWS, specifically EC2, ECS, RDS
• Deep knowledge of Docker containers
• Deep knowledge of SQL databases (MySQL, MariaDB etc)
• Deep knowledge of MongoDB
• Some understanding of Puppet + Ansible
• At least upper-intermediate level of English, both spoken and written
• Outstanding communication & teamworking skills
As a plus:
We are the team that created OpenVPN, the industry-standard VPN protocol now used by most of the commercial VPN providers worldwide. We are currently looking for a rockstar to push further the product that millions of people around the world will be interacting with on a daily basis!
Our philosophy is that we are a small, closely-knit team and we care deeply about you:
• Competitive salary
• Great new office space
• Flexible working schedule, partially remote work possible
• Working directly with colleagues from Silicon Valley and around the world
• Team trips, certification and events compensation, medical insurance, sports etc.
• Last but not least, we are really fun to work with!
• Manage configuration and operation of our servers and infrastructure; maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, network and system security
• Administer infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
• Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our employees and customers encounter
• Monitor the system on a daily basis and respond immediately to security or usability concerns; respond to and resolve help desk requests
• Create and verify data backups
• Review application logs
• Install and test computer-related equipment
• Ensure that system design allows all components to work properly together; evaluate and modify system performance
• Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
If you have ever used a VPN service, chances are it was based on OpenVPN, an open-source protocol that we first developed over 16 years ago and that has since become the de-facto industry standard implemented in the majority of commercial VPN software. Millions of companies and individual users worldwide have trusted us to transmit their sensitive data in a secure, encrypted fashion. But this was just the beginning...
We are now developing a whole new range of products aimed to deliver our services in a scalable fashion to tens and even hundreds of millions of customers worldwide. To support this ambitious goal, we have set up an R&D center in Ukraine that will, jointly with our headquarters in the Silicon Valley, be the cornerstone of the future generation of VPN technologies used across the globe. This is the story that we are inviting you to join!
DOU company page: