Svitla Systems Inc. is looking for Ruby Developer for a full-time position (40 per hours per week) in Kyiv (Nyvky). Business trip to London once a year.
You can work remotely 2 days a week!!!
OUR CLIENT is an online broker of business insurance with over 475,000 customers. The company has been featured in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 four times and in 2015 and 2016 won The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
The company provides insurance to the self employed, small businesses and landlords. Products include public liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, employers' liability insurance and landlords insurance. The insurers on the panel include Ageas, AIG, Arag, AXA, Churchill, Covea, Hiscox and Zurich.
Customer established its own managing general agent brands Finsbury, Maltings and Chiswell Insurance, which are underwritten by AXA and Great Lakes, a subsidiary of Munich Re Group.
Develop customer focused products in a culture which champions Agile, cross functional teams and continuous collaboration;
Being hands-on with code in developing our products using best practices, appropriate tools and technologies;
Working with cross functional collaborative teams, helping to clarify requirements at the onset of projects and suggesting different and relevant technical approaches;
Championing Agile processes across the team;
Highlighting areas for continuous improvement and driving their prioritisation;
Being proactive in suggesting new tools, technologies and ways of working.
Strong programming skills in Ruby;
An advocate of engineering best practices (particularly in regards to testing);
Experience of working closely with business teams when building products;
Experience of working with Agile methodologies;
Strong interpersonal skills to work well in our very open and friendly environment;
Pro-active in suggesting new tools, processes and technologies – anything which will help us continually improve!
Working in an office environment. But twice a week you can work remotely.
About Svitla Systems, Inc.
Svitla Systems is a proven custom software development company and testing provider. We deliver unparalleled value to our clients, who rely on our expertise in managed team extension and build-to-order software applications.
Our main office is in the heart of Silicon Valley - with sales and development offices throughout the US, Mexico, and Europe (Ukraine, Montenegro, and Germany).
Our mission is to build a business that is not only profitable but also contributes to the well-being of our employees and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT SVITLA SYSTEMS
- Flexible working day start & stop times.
- English classes, professional and personal trainings, conferences and webinars.
- Competitive compensation, including equity options with regular performance-based salary and career development reviews.
- Medical Insurance (health, dental), employee assistance program.
- Personal time off: paid vacation and holidays. Work hard, play hard, right?
- We're very fast-paced, hard-working, and love to have fun! Our cool co-workers play soccer, poker, go skiing, biking, hiking, and so much more.
- We have tasty birthday cakes, lunch bunch and subsidized drinks and snacks, funny celebrations, team outings and unforgettable corporate events.
- We are always happy to meet the newbie colleagues and their new ideas.
Job posted on
12 August 2019.