We are looking for a proficient Software Developer highly skilled in Ruby on Rails, who will be working at scale on interdependent components across multiple environments, capable of navigating large codebases and uncovering the complexity in existing systems.
Ongoing, long-term and fully remote project: leading fiber Internet provider in the United States.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
• About 5 years of professional experience in a software engineering environment
• Experience in Ruby/Rails
• Experience with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
• Experience delivering highly available and reliable systems
• Strong system design and architecture skills
• Good English communication skills, both verbal and written
• Willingness to be part of an on-call rotation
• Experience building integrations with 3rd party systems
• Familiarity with container technologies like Docker, Nomad or Kubernetes
• Experience building event driven systems
• Familiarity with Kafka or similar technologies
• Knowledge of fiber, wireless or cellular networks is an asset
Golang experience will be a plus
• Rapidly develop a deep and nuanced understanding of all of our existing platforms
• Design and implement features of growing complexity and ensure quality through writing automated tests
• Contribute to discussions on technical design and architecture
• Participate in code reviews and ensure compliance with development standards.
• Share knowledge and act as a trusted mentor to junior team members.
• Take ownership of projects or features from the conception phase through to release.
Our company has come a long way from the small projects implementation to the level of established trust relationships with the world's IT Leaders. We are proud of our highly professional teams of developers located in in Mykolaiv, Lviv, Kyiv(Ukraine), Krakow (Poland) and Clark Freeport Zone, Angeles City, Philippines.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
16 March 2023