We are looking for talented backend developers to work via direct contract with a US-based product company.
Why just have a job when you can live your Purpose? We are Givelify, a minority-owned FinTech-for-Good company that uses human-centered design, jobs-to-be-done, & data to create experiences that inspire kindness & generosity and celebrate putting more good into the world. In fact, Givelify’s mobile giving app consistently leads the App Store and Google Play in downloads, reviews and 5-star ratings amongst all giving apps. More than 1.5 million donors and 55,000 non-profits trust Givelify for inspiring kindness, generating nearly $3 Billion in generosity.
We seek a Senior Software Engineer - Backend to join our virtual team. Are you someone who has a passion to join our team with a “take no prisoners” attitude; at Givelify, different moonshots are our norm. We strive to build products that impacts real people on the ground, we build with passion and have a high standard of engineering quality; in addition, we solve unique challenges related to scalability, you will have the ability to experience all aspects of Engineering and Product Development, if the challenge of scaling product success at a high performing Fintech-for-Good company sounds exciting, we would love to connect with you!
You’ll get to:
- Engineer highly available and scalable software systems.
- Estimate Engineering efforts in building out new features that directly impact the relationship between causes and their supporters.
- Build out real-time analytics and reporting dashboards that are optimized for big data and synchronized in real time across multiple clients.
- Work with our front-end team to fine tune our REST APIs.
- Work with Givelify’s research team to implement machine learning and other computational algorithms to bring complex insights to life.
- Work with our DevOps team to ensure a scalable, secure, redundant, distributed production environment system.
You should bring mad skills & experience:
- B.S./ M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent STEM degree.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- We primarily develop Nginx Linux based systems with software written in PHP and Python. Experience in those languages/environments is a plus.
- Experience in building large scale distributed web applications.
- Excellent object-oriented development skills.
- Deep understanding of graph design principles with a strong background back-end development environment while constructing APIs.
- Optimization of databases for big data environment, structuring of queries for fast responses.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, etc.).
- Deep understanding of big O notation and algorithm complexity analysis.
Plus These Superpowers
- Ability to work in collaborative cross functional environments
- Ability to take a human-centric approach that meets or anticipates customer needs when developing solutions.
- Detailed and Quality oriented.
Our People & Culture
We are a virtual team of high-performing professionals who innovate & collaborate to fulfill our mission to help people instantly find causes that inspire them to action so they can change the world – one simple, joyful gift at a time. Our culture of integrity, heart, simplicity, & that “wow” factor fuel our aspiration to be recognized amongst the tech industry’s most inclusive & purpose-driven workplaces.
We take great pride in providing competitive pay, full benefits, amazing perks (including flexible PTO), and most importantly, the opportunity to put passion & purpose to work.
Our generous giving community has made Givelify the most trusted and loved online and mobile giving platform. Along with its powerful donation management system, it’s the fastest growing technology for advancing generosity in the world.
Givelify’s giving app leads all giving apps on the App Store and Google Play Store in number of downloads, reviews, and ratings with more than 90,000 verified authentic reviews with an average rating of 4.9 stars out of 5.
Job posted on
13 May 2022
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni