Ziemer is a privately owned Swiss medical device company which offers smart, cutting-edge technologies in the area of ophthalmology. The product portfolio currently contains ultramodern devices for bladeless cataract and refractive applications as well as precision instruments for diagnostics
· 3 years of professional software development experience
· Software Engineer (Master of Science (MSc) in Computer Sciences as a minimum requirement)
· Proficiency in C#
· Experience with the following technologies: UWP, WPF, Entity Framework, Prism, Unity, MEF as a plus
· High level of personal responsibility and action-orientation
· Strong communication skills, fluent in English (word and writing)
· Willingness to work in the headquarter in Port, Switzerland (10%)
· Analyze and prepare requirements for specific module of software system design, implementation, modification, or utilization
· Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage
· Plan, develop and implement Software Unit, Verification and Validation Tests
· Raise the decision-making ability of the management towards business and engineering goals
· Follow IEC 62304 Medical device software – Software life cycle processes
· Find innovative and simple solutions to challenging technical problems and contribute to the enhancement of the software architecture
· Work collaboratively with partner teams based on Agile Principles
In this position, you are provided with an excellent opportunity to shape the future generation of medical devices in the international market. As a Software Engineer, you are directly involved in the process of finding solutions to questions concerning the software architecture, the development process, software maintenance and usability.
To analyze medical measurement data and to steer mechanical components, you create algorithms and a respective User Interface that optimally supports the end-user before, during and after the surgeries. Moreover, you are an active part in defining and realising the requirements that concern the software development. On a personal level, we expect you to foster proactive communication and constructive cooperation with your team colleagues. Within the scope of your daily work, you will also exchange information with Ziemer’s headquarters in Switzerland.
About Company & Project:
Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems is a privately owned Swiss medical device company which offers smart, cutting-edge technologies in the area of ophthalmology. Employing a philosophy of Swiss precision and innovation, Ziemer has produced some of today’s most specialized and advanced surgical instruments which are used in top clinics around the globe. Ziemer values personal communication and collaboration with physicians to help them meet and exceed the high demands of a busy, successful medical practice.
Ziemer is headquartered in Port, Switzerland which has a rich history in precision engineering originating from the watch-making industry. The product portfolio currently contains ultramodern devices for bladeless cataract and refractive applications as well as precision instruments for diagnostics. Ziemer Group currently has four business locations in Switzerland (HQ), Germany, Taiwan and the U.S. in addition to teaching centres in Switzerland and Singapore. Moreover, in 2021, the Ziemer Group established another subsidiary in Ukraine.For the newly established office in Lviv, we are looking for an innovative and self-reliant personality. The team in Lviv will be complementary to the Swiss software development team.
About United Software
United Software builds and operates dedicated teams for businesses. Our mission is to connect mature businesses and dynamic startups with unique local talents for the synergy magic to happen. We help more than 30 companies worldwide to fill up positions of any tech stack and seniority level, including companies like Virgin and Uber.
The teams we build for our clients work independently on the project, without any excessive bureaucracy. We organize the optimal working conditions: flexible work schedule, different activities and team building, medical insurance, premium sport & fitness, 20 business days of paid vacation, and of course a cozy kitchen with different snacks, sweets, and drinks.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
12 May 2022
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni