Ivy Tech is an international IT company that works with high growth and innovative Startups and Scaleups in the US, Australia, and Europe. We are looking for a Senior PHP developer for our client from Australia.
Product is a new Sales and Order Management platform designed to manage the complex processes of enterprise manufacturers and distributors of red meat.
The mission is to transform the way the world trades.
You may not realise this but in Australia and New Zealand 'meat' is a $40BN industry - and sales are still managed via email, WhatsApp, WeChat, spreadsheet, fax and post-it notes. We're talking about multi-million dollar orders being negotiated over multiple days and multiple platforms. Our job is to convert this hugely inefficient and fragmented sales process into a streamlined super-fast experience for anyone involved in the creation and fulfillment of an order.
We're in the process of taking our product to the next level, which is what we need you for! We're looking for a developer to work on our product as well as help optimize and automate business processes.
You'll be joining a close-knit team that always decides what our next steps will be together. You have the opportunity to have an impact on the choices we make since we consider your input just as valuable as anybody else's.
What you'll be doing
You write elegant code that others can easily understand. You also don't shy away from explaining your design pattern choices to co-developers so that everyone can learn from it. You feel comfortable taking responsibility for any step in the product development cycle. Waiting to be told what to do is not your style.
This is what we're looking for
We are a small team, where communication, teamwork, and camaraderie are a must to build a successful product. We are looking for an experienced software developer with the necessary skills to design the best structure to store our customers' precious data. Even though we are heavy users of Laravel, React and Vue.js frameworks, we prefer to work with people that understand that tools are just tools, not the main goal. Pragmatic solutions are preferred over following a dogma.
Curiosity is king. We want you to be independent and positive, a problem seeker, and a problem solver. You're an all-rounder with a small ego who values free time outside work just as much as work itself.
Some personal skills we value
● A natural curiosity for new technologies and tools.
● A mindset that always pushes you to say "this could be better" - and then execute on it.
● The ability to communicate your thoughts in a way that everyone understands.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
● Highly proficient in developing Object-Oriented Programming and Design Patterns in PHP.
● 4+ years working with modern PHP frameworks; Laravel 5, Symfony
● 4+ years designing, developing and integrating RESTful APIs, including event-driven programming, 3rd Party API integrations and frontend frameworks
● Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies. Including Unit Testing, BBD and End to End tests
● Strong version control skills and branching workflow; i.e. Git, Git Branching and Bitbucket
● Experience with WebSockets services like Pusher.
● Proficient in using build services like Webpack and Nodejs dependency manager.
● Good understanding of Docker environment and CI/CD tools.
● Strong problem-solving abilities
● Strong communication skills
● Ability to operate in Agile / Scrum development environments
● Ability to complete work following engineering standards, best coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas.
● Whilst not critical, it's an advantage to have experience with the following technologies:
● Familiar with AWS services and API SDKs like SQS, SES, S3, EC2 and ECS.
● Ability to program in one of the following languages: NodeJs, Java, Python or Go.
● Working with modern technology and building innovative products long-term
● Plenty of opportunities for learning and continued growth in your career
● Working directly with the client means the opportunity to improve English skills, build international relationships and learn from the Western management style
● Work from home and flexible work schedule a possibility (depending on the client)
● Health insurance after 3 months probation period
● Laptops and monitors for use
● We are a company that is based on values such as integrity, kindness, honesty, and respect.
● Western business management
Thank you for considering a career with us!
About Ivy Tech Holdings Ltd
Ivy tech is a global IT company that works with Western, fast growing and innovative Tech Startups.
All our engineers work exclusively with our clients in a longterm working relationship to develop world changing products. Our software teams are managed directly by the Western client who are based in the US, Australia and the UK - this creates an awesome opportunity to improve English skills and create networks into the West. All Startups we work with are well funded and create innovative products with the latest technologies. Never a boring day, we promise!
Working with us means rapid career growth in the context of a culture driven team and business.
We don't ever bench our people and do what we can to support each persons individual needs. We'd love to introduce ourselves personally to you!
Your ivy tech Team
DOU company page:
Job posted on
13 September 2021
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni