We’re currently seeking a Semantic Technologies Engineer with a penchant for semantic modeling and general Knowledge Engineering. You will work in a highly motivated and diverse team.
Work at Exadel - Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer and Project:
The customer provides pharmaceutical and academic researchers with the data they need to make decisions. Some of the clients are working on billion-dollar drug discovery projects where early and informed decisions are worth millions. Others are working on innovative projects, such as repurposing existing drugs or trying to predict certain characteristics of candidate substances. All of the customer’s clients are deeply motivated to cure diseases more effectively and improve lives.
The customer’s platform brings together the best in engineering, scientific intelligence, data science, and semantic modeling techniques to put the right tools into the hands of researchers and data scientists to enable them to invent, innovate, and commercialize ideas, products, and processes.
The customer can extract and link data from multiple sources and disciplines, whether publicly available or proprietary and make this data available to clients. This massively linked dataset is then channeled through their interface where it is vital in making the best decisions, successfully getting a drug to market, and ensuring patient safety.
A core part of the project involves building large-scale knowledge graphs that serve world-class applications in the domains of biochemistry and pharmacology. It is imperative that knowledge graphs follow a representation scheme that ensures smart and efficient exploitation of its content at scale.
The position will be focusing on implementing the knowledge acquisition solution, modeling, exploiting the semantic data management solution, and programming. In particular, the Semantic Technologies Engineer will be at the forefront of the knowledge representation effort by suggesting and implementing modeling solutions that ensure the best processing and use of the data.
- Expert knowledge of knowledge engineering techniques and technologies, semantic modeling, semantic data integration, ontology engineering, etc.
- Good command of Semantic Web Standards (e.g. SHACL, RDF(S), OWL, SPARQL, JSON-LD) and other W3C standards
- Knowledge of Semantic API, e.g. Jena
- Excellent Programming skills: Java, Scala is a plus, other languages can be considered (e.g. Python)
- Agile software development experience and excellent communication skills
- Some familiarity with the current trends in Big Data Architecture: Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Distributed Systems, Parallel Processing Frameworks, Stream/Batch Processing
- Working knowledge of the life sciences and/or chemistry domain
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment
- Master’s degree in Artificial Intelligence (Knowledge Representation), Computer Science, or a related field. Bachelor's Degree could also be considered depending on the profile and experience, as would an advanced degree in an appropriate scientific domain such as molecular biology or pharmacology
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are a friendly environment
Exadel — международная IT-компания, занимающаяся разработкой программного обеспечения и IT-консалтингом. Основана компания в 1998 году. Главный офис находится в Уолнат Крик, Калифорния, США. В настоящий момент у компании есть центры разработки в шести странах и более 800 сотрудников в различных городах США (Уолнат Крик, Калифорния и Боулдер, Колорадо), Беларуси (Минск, Гродно, Гомель, Витебск), Украины (Винница, Харьков, Одесса, Львов, Мариуполь), Литвы (Вильнюс, Клайпеда), России (Екатеринбург, Челябинск) и Польши (Белосток, Щецин).
Exadel is a global software application development company providing innovative technology solutions to its clients. Exadel’s technology leaders partner with our customers to deliver high-quality products – quickly and cost-effectively.
If you’re looking to grow your career in a dynamic environment rich with opportunity, Exadel has many exciting career choices. As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success, which is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
3 September 2021
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni