Nordstrom.com is one of the largest retail e-commerce companies in North America.
The Customer Communications & Privacy team designs, implements, and supports the systems that enable transactional customer communications (email/SMS/phone) and customer data access/delete requests. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions whilst having fun. To support our ambitions, we are recruiting a qualified Software Development Engineer to join our team. Qualified candidates must be able to contribute to an inspiring workplace where talented people feel empowered to drive amazing customer experiences and business results for JWN.
As a Software Development Engineer on our team, you will work closely with Product, Program, and Engineering management to define and prioritize work in your team’s backlog. You will frequently partner with other teams across Technology to solve complex problems and continuously improve.
• Actively participate in a full-stack team prepared to meet evolving customer needs
• Collaborate with Product, Program and other engineering teams to deliver best-in-class solutions
• Embrace the DevOps model by owning the end-to-end technology and infrastructure stack
• Analyze technology to identify and proactively pay down technical debt in key areas
• Anticipate and remove blockers that are impeding the team’s success
• Ensure the application/system health, striving for minimal defects and downtime
• Advocate for data driven decision making, so we prioritize the right work
• Bachelors in Computer Science or closely related degree
• Experience in designing and delivering web based services and applications
• Strong experience in operational excellence (health monitoring, operational metrics)
• Great design and problem solving skills, with strong bias for engineering excellence
• Good knowledge of software engineering practices, SDLC, build process and operations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• 1+ year of relevant work experience
• Object Oriented Programming Language (Java required, C#, C++, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3...)
• Database Tech (Dynamo, Mongo, SQL Server, and/or Oracle)
• Project Management Tools (Jira, Microsoft Project, etc.)
• CI/CD (Gitlab CI, Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Pipelines, etc.)
NICE TO HAVE
• Data Streaming (Kafka, Kinesis, etc.)
• Basic experience with k8s
Zoolatech is a boutique service provider, specializing in high-end software development. We are based in Silicon Valley with a Development Center in Kyiv, Ukraine. Although ZoolaTech is a relatively young player on the Eastern European market, we have deep roots and years of experience of working within Ukrainian and American high tech industries. The size of our clientele varies from Fortune 500 to inspiring startups. We are not an outsourcer in a traditional sense, rather we specialize in helping our Clients scale by extending their teams to Eastern Europe.
Over the years, we have learned that in our industry people are the most important asset, and so we treat our employees as such. We set our working environment in a way that allows individuals thrive and grow professionally, as well as personally. As much as we are dedicated to providing the best possible services to our Clients, we are just as dedicated to helping our Employees reach their professional dreams and ambitions.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
1 September 2021
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni