Building and scaling AI software to target ads to individual users in a high traffic environment
A full-time Data Engineer / Python Developer / Machine Learning Engineer position for an exceptional candidate who has a keen interest in applying AI systems at scale. You will be designing and building machine
learning systems that will operate on real-world data making decisions in real-time. You will be working in the highly exciting area of real-time ad targeting. The work involves handling billions of records of ad-serving requests.
This is also an opportunity to become part of the UK tech start-up world and get the first-hand experience in how tech start-ups operate.
You will report to the Chief Data Scientist Leonard Newnham and join a team of other data scientists, senior data scientists, and data engineers to solve tough (but never dull) problems, such as:
- Writing well-tested production-ready code to handle many terabytes of data in real-time bidding systems
- Scaling machine learning algorithms using cutting edge research (see papers at the end) to operate across multiple servers
- Develop and test new machine learning algorithms
- Maintain and improve existing products and processes
We are a small, highly interactive team working in an Agile environment where we prototype and then put into production machine learning solutions to solve real business problems. You will be involved with all stages of the
development lifecycle from brainstorming ideas to release of production quality code.
You will need strong communication skills. You will also be expected to care deeply about the quality of your code: its clarity, documentation, and testing.
Key Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a mathematical discipline such as Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Maths, Engineering or Physics
- 3+ years’ experience of Python
- 1 year of R
- Solid practical knowledge of infrastructure for running high availability systems. (Airflow, ElasticSearch, Kafka, ClickHouse, Spark, etc.)
- Practical experience of applying AI in real worlds applications
- Experience with real-time bidding/understanding of auction theory
- Experience of adtech
- Experience in agile software development
- Strong self-motivation, reliable and flexible team-player
- High attention to details, ability to remain focused under pressure
- Proactive attitude towards improving processes and finding new solutions to challenging business problems
- Competitive compensation package
- Hundreds of millions of people see your work and use our products worldwide
- A transparent work environment
- Working in a team that inspires, and works with you to achieve industry-changing goals
About the Data Science Team:
- We are a team of 15 data scientists and data engineers building systems to apply the latest AI methods and research to real-world problems. LoopMe has over 200 employees, 100 or which are technical.
- We are a distributed team with offices in both London and Ukraine.
- We are open to new ideas and actively strive to improve both our systems and our development practices. It is a team where anyone can have a real impact.
- We are an inclusive and welcoming team in which people enjoy working with their colleagues and feel valued.
- We occasionally publish papers that may give a flavour of our work in automated bidding, for example:
Hybrid Dual Censored Joint Learning of Reserve Prices and Bids for Upstream Auctioneers, P Paliwal, L Stavrogiannis, ADKDD 2021
and video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7GXblHtuA4
Gradient Boosting Censored Regression for Winning Price Prediction in Real-Time Bidding, P Paliwal, O Renov, International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications 2019
LoopMe was founded with the mission of closing the loop on brand advertising. Our full-stack tech platform harnesses mobile data, using a powerful combination of attribution, Artificial Intelligence and analytics to deliver outstanding campaign performance against brand outcomes - consideration, purchase intent, foot traffic, and offline sales.
The company was founded by experienced mobile advertising executives Stephen Upstone (CEO) and Marco Van deBergh (CTO) in 2012. LoopMe has global offices in New York, London, Chicago, LA, Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Detroit, San Francisco, Dnipro, Singapore, Beijing, Dubai, and Johannesburg.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
26 August 2021