Zip is a high-growth fintech, founded in Australia and expanding worldwide, with the purpose to give people the freedom to own it. We use technology and data to bring customers and partners together through a valued and fair payments experience.
We’ve built an amazing culture at Zip, and our teams are proud to work hard to provide innovative solutions to our customers and partners. Our values are central to everything we do: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together, and Raise the Bar.
At Zip, we build cloud-native software applications that serve millions of customers and process billions of dollars in payments. We use microservices, domain-driven design and event-driven architectures to ensure scalability and performance as we grow, and all this presents some fascinating engineering problems for our squads to solve.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
● Experience with Kotlin
● Knowledge of MVC & MVVM
● An excellent understanding of the Android application lifecycle
● Knowledge of material design themes & components
● Understanding of Jetpack architecture components
● General knowledge of pattern designs
● Reactive programming experience (RxJava)
● CI/CD experience
● Backend experience (Java/Kotlin/.Net)
● Understanding of AWS environment and concepts
● Experience in a FinTech organisation
The core purpose of the Software Engineer role is to develop and deploy high quality software, as part of your product squad. You will also contribute to architectural and design discussions and contribute to the growth of and learning within Zip’s Engineering team.
● Write code that is clean, highly maintainable and well tested
● Perform effective code reviews
● Improve the codebase, and make suggestions on where we can improve further
● Provide support when production issues occur with products your team owns
● Contribute to product ideas and deliver from start to finish
● Explore new technologies and share your findings with the engineering team
● Contribute to continuous improvement and innovation
● Work in a team with a “team first” mentality
Job posted on
13 July 2021