Our client is a global leader in color measurement and color management, offering hardware, software and services for measuring, formulating and matching color. For its near-shoring development in Europe, we are looking to hire a remote Senior Data Scientist.
The company is present on almost all continents and serves industries like automotive, paints, plastics, textiles, printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, dental and medical.
* Advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) in engineering, science, mathematics or related subjects
* Expert knowledge of statistical programming languages such as R or Python, and SQL.
* Readiness to work with engineering teams to develop prototypes of software products leveraging exploratory data analytics.
* Expert knowledge of data visualization, using tools such as Tableau or PowerBI.
* Expert knowledge of Experimental Design and Statistical Decision Theory.
* Solid knowledge of distributed data storage and computing, including Hadoop or Cassandra.
* Practical knowledge of cloud computing, including AWS (preferred) or Azure and highly scalable databases, such as Dynamo DB.
* Knowledge of NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB.
* Great communication skills in English.
* 5+ years working and communicating with business stakeholders as a trusted adviser in data science.
* 5+ years translating business requirements into data science problem statements and execution tasks.
* In-depth understanding of the machine learning lifecycle.
* Practical skills with agile software development methods such as Scrum and Kanban
* Experience in executing advanced analytics for customers, including marketing mix analysis, segmentation, retention modelling, targeted marketing, basket analysis, next product recommendation, and so forth.
* Experience with color science.
* Study new data sources and find insights/correlations to investigate how data can be used to solve new business challenges.
* Create prototypes with data sets and provide guidance on leveraging and combining new data sources for new business insights.
* Apply statistical analysis and modelling techniques on small and large datasets to solve specific business problems in diverse industrial domains.
* Provide strategic leadership in selection of platforms, tools, techniques and processes in the practice of the data science discipline.
* Collaborate with product owners / product managers from other business units and/or customers to translate business requirements into algorithmic requirements that can be implemented with statistical and machine learning techniques.
* Provide mentorship to other data scientists in the team.
* Own and drive contemporary best practices in applying and deploying data science at scale.
* Participate in designing the data architecture.
* Process, cleanse and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
* Execute analytical experiments methodically.
What you can expect:
As a senior member of the Data & Analytics team you'll extract, analyze and interpret large amounts of data from a range of sources, using algorithms, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning and statistical tools, in order to make it accessible to businesses. You will then present your results using clear and engaging language. You will use your Agile experience to work collaboratively with Product Managers/Owners and development teams in geographically distributed locations.
You will join an organization which is innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented and a classic winner in its market segment. Your work will influence world-famous brands used by millions of people. A unique business management culture will ensure that the company outperforms all its competitors on a regular basis. You will enjoy permanent employment and truly competitive salaries. Embedded in a large group of highly skilled and intelligent colleagues, you will have the opportunity to develop into multiple directions like project management, agile coaching, etc. without the need to move abroad.
We're a group of professional software addicts. The harder challenge infuses more dopamine into our brains. We see no life without coding because of the programming gene that lives in our DNA.
We're software positive!
Established by senior IT business professionals with many years of intensive experience in the IT industry, today SoftPositive is a strategic software development vendor and partner to companies in the USA and Europe with its main development center in Ukraine. We bring our expertise and experience of large software development companies into SMB segment: start-ups and mature companies looking for the best value-to-money ratio.
• Challenging projects for enterprise customers in US, EU, and Australia
• Friendly and supportive environment
• Competitive salary
• 100% remote job
• Flexible work hours
DOU company page:
The job ad is no longer active
Look at the current