Real-time modeling position Targeting of ads to individual users in a high traffic environment.
A full-time Senior Data Scientist position for an exceptional candidate who has a keen interest in multivariate modeling, machine learning, and automated real-time auction bidding. You will be designing and building machine learning systems that will operate on real-world data making decisions in real-time. You will be working in the highly exciting area of real-time ad targeting.
This is a rare opportunity to be involved in creating an automated system to optimize thousands of real-time bidding interactions per second with online customers, and to quantify the benefits created against control groups in a live environment.
The work involves analyzing billions of records of ad-serving opportunities, ad-serves, and ad-server responses to understand what factors explain the variance in the expected response value.
That understanding is then to be harnessed as an automated optimization process capable of intelligently finding and servicing the most favorable ad-serving opportunities in a way that leads to higher returns on our clients’ advertising investments.
This is also an opportunity to become part of the UK tech start-up world and get the first-hand experience in how tech start-ups operate.
Key Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a mathematical discipline such as Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Maths, Engineering, or Physics from a respected University. A Ph.D. is a bonus
- 4+ years experience in Python and good knowledge of R
- At least 4 years practical experience of univariate and multivariate statistical analysis in Python or R with large data sets (millions of records and many tens or hundreds of independent variables)
- Good experience of variable transformation and data preprocessing techniques to extract maximum predictive power such as binning, piecewise linear regression, non-linear function transforms, etc.
- Excellent practical knowledge of multi-variate techniques such as Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forest, Naive Bayes, Clustering, etc. and a good grasp of the strengths and weaknesses of specific approaches
- Strong communication skills
You will report to the Chief Data Scientist and join a team of 15 other senior data scientists and data engineers. See About the Data Science Team section below to check out who we are. You will help to solve tough (but never dull) problems, such as:
- Developing new real-time bidding algorithms
- Prototyping real-time machine learning algorithms using cutting edge research
- Developing applications to visualize and manipulate huge amounts of data
- Analysis of new data streams for inclusion in our real-time ad targeting engine
- Scaling systems to handle many terabytes of data whilst still maintaining millisecond-level response times
- Working to support the following steps in the analytical process with large (a multi-million record) data sets:
- Basic data cleansing and preparation
- Variable preprocessing/transformation
- Performing statistical tests
- Generation of graphical output
- Preparation of data sets for predictive modeling
- Robust predictive model building, validation, and application
- Automation of statistical processes
We are a small, highly interactive team working in an Agile environment. You will need strong communication skills. You will also be expected to care deeply about the quality of your code: its clarity, documentation, and testing.
- Experience in real-time bidding
- Proficient in Java or similar language
- Experience in Scrum / agile software development
- Experience in managing small teams
- Technologies: Elasticsearch, Spark, Streaming analytics
Cloud: Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative
- Has an enquiring mind and a disciplined scientific approach to extracting facts and understanding observed behavior
- Are excited by the potential of analytical intelligence to realize high-value commercial outcomes and change the way that business operates
- Consistently delivers high-quality answers
- Want to be part of a high growth start-up company with global ambitions
As Data Scientist, you will be able to combine your expertise in Mathematics, Statistics, and Coding in tackling complex data problems whilst being comfortable in a job requiring agility, curiosity, and continuous improvement. We are looking for someone who can very quickly grasp technical concepts and understand how to rapidly solve problems associated with them. The ideal candidate will examine data from many perspectives, be able to think out of the box, and efficiently communicate ideas and findings to technical and non-technical peers equally. A passion for new technologies and a drive to find simple and elegant ways to implement simple solutions to complex problems is key.
- Competitive compensation package
- Hundreds of millions of people see your work and use our products worldwide
- A transparent work environment
- Working in a team that inspires, and works with you to achieve industry-changing goals
About the Data Science Team:
We are a team of 15 data scientists and data engineers building systems to apply the latest AI methods and research to real-world problems. LoopMe has over 200 employees, 100 of whom are technical
We are a distributed team with offices in both London and Ukraine
We are open to new ideas and actively strive to improve both our systems and our development practices. It is a team where anyone can have a real impact.
We are an inclusive and welcoming team in which people enjoy working with their colleagues and feel valued
We occasionally publish papers that may give a flavor of our work in automated bidding, for example, Gradient Boosting Censored Regression for Winning Price Prediction in Real-Time Bidding, P Paliwal, O Renov, International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications 2019; Hybrid Dual Censored Joint Learning of Reserve Prices and Bids for Upstream Auctioneers, P Paliwal, L Stavrogiannis, ADKDD 2021
LoopMe was founded with the mission of closing the loop on brand advertising. Our full-stack tech platform harnesses mobile data, using a powerful combination of attribution, Artificial Intelligence and analytics to deliver outstanding campaign performance against brand outcomes - consideration, purchase intent, foot traffic, and offline sales.
The company was founded by experienced mobile advertising executives Stephen Upstone (CEO) and Marco Van deBergh (CTO) in 2012. LoopMe has global offices in New York, London, Chicago, LA, Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Detroit, San Francisco, Dnipro, Singapore, Beijing, Dubai, and Johannesburg.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.