An Engineer on the Canvas team is responsible for designing and developing content management system features that deliver editorial content across Nordstrom and Nordstrom rack website, Nordstrom mobile
applications, and in-store technology.
You are going to be a part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical, and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems, and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the
You will be playing a key role in working with a team of talented professionals to build our next generation of intelligent and highly scalable content management system at Nordstrom.
• Responsible for feature design, evaluate designs and provide feedback
• Develop, deploy, monitor, and maintain production tier-1 systems;
• Influence quality standards and understand, identify, measure across the entire solution
• Identify performance issues and optimize the solution
• Research and prototype innovative solutions
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS, Engineering or relevant certifications
• 2+ years professional experience in the practice area
• Experience using Java
• Working knowledge of AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, Redis, Elasticsearch, etc., or features on other similar cloud hosting platforms.
• Knowledge of Linux/Docker and open source software development
• Solid foundation in software engineering practices, data modeling, objected-oriented analysis & design, design patterns, and algorithms.
• Knowledge of scalable distributed systems, service-oriented architecture.
• Passion for new technologies, operational excellence, and customer impact.
Zoolatech is a boutique service provider, specializing in high-end software development. We are based in Silicon Valley with a Development Center in Kyiv, Ukraine. Although ZoolaTech is a relatively young player on the Eastern European market, we have deep roots and years of experience of working within Ukrainian and American high tech industries. The size of our clientele varies from Fortune 500 to inspiring startups. We are not an outsourcer in a traditional sense, rather we specialize in helping our Clients scale by extending their teams to Eastern Europe.
Over the years, we have learned that in our industry people are the most important asset, and so we treat our employees as such. We set our working environment in a way that allows individuals thrive and grow professionally, as well as personally. As much as we are dedicated to providing the best possible services to our Clients, we are just as dedicated to helping our Employees reach their professional dreams and ambitions.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
7 June 2021