You will be working in the maritime industry and will develop next-gen vessel engine optimization and predictive maintenance.
About the client
The client is a dynamic, young, and passionate growing company that provides a broad set of products and services for maritime vessels, for predictive maintenance and advanced cloud monitoring tools for engine operations and other vessel equipment. The company is positioning itself as the leader in advanced engine optimization together with cloud computing assisted technologies and pioneers the digitalization of vessels and fleets globally.
You will be a part of the Scrum team, which is in charge of technical analysis, data algorithm development, implement software functionalities and deploy the solution to vessels. To continuously improve the way the client delivers customer-focused insights and value, our team develops the science behind the engines used to power, and run the most efficient vessels on earth.
- As a data scientist, you will develop an algorithm to get key metrics from data, be pragmatic to come-up with solutions to compensate sensor issues, you will be tackling machine learning challenges in supervised and unsupervised learning.
- In this role, you will get hands-on experience leading multiple simultaneous product concepts and research initiatives.
- You will utilize ML techniques such as Deep Neural Network to build predictive and optimization models for improving vessel engine performance. - You will work with the internal interdisciplinary team and outside teams to identify opportunities for leveraging machine learning techniques in our cloud infrastructure.
- Use Python to develop a data analysis algorithm to meet business needs
Use ML and analytical techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems and customer goals.
- Work closely with other engineers to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations.
- Collaborate with other scientists in engineering and product teams to share learning for model improvements.
- Understand the Scrum process and be able to define requirements and good quality user stories for the engineering team
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches.
- Bachelor degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math or equivalent highly technical field.
- Proficient using Python language; command line usage.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing ML models and methods such as neural networks, reinforcement learning, random forests, SVMs or Bayesian classification.
- Strong foundation in machine learning, data mining and data analytics techniques. Experience on the product development process, e.g. Scrum, Agile
- Good communication skills, and be able to engage customers, align with key stakeholders and communicate high-quality user stories to the engineering team.
We are techflower team. We help international businesses and startups launch remote software engineering teams and open efficient software R&D Offices in Ukraine.
We're located in Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine, Europe's fastest-growing tech center.
Since 2018 we helped 15 clients from Europe, US and Singapore open their R&D offices in Kyiv which led to their huge transformation and results.
Job posted on
15 January 2021