You will be a client side game developer working in a small powerful team, developing all aspects from prototyping to maintaining and updating the game after launch.
PortalOne develops mobile-first “hybrid games” that combine games and live shows to give users a more engaging games experience, with stunning visuals and interactivity. This convergence of entertainment forms means that our workforce is a mix of people from diverse industries, all working as a single team to create new workflows and pipelines to support production and delivery of next generation gaming entertainment. .
• Primarily you will develop using Unreal Engine with blueprints and C++, but also other tools as you find the need
• Write efficient, clear and well documented code
• Owning and delivering gameplay features and tech solutions
• Assisting in sprint planning and roadmaps with insights and technical advice
• Helping other colleagues and work together to solve technical challenges and achieve the best
• A passion for making games and shipping code at a rapid pace
• Ability to design and build mobile user interfaces
• Understanding of networking, client-server and game servers
• Ability to reliably estimate units of work at project, feature, and task levels • Ability to work independently in an agile team
• Seeking a team-centric environment with supportive colleagues
• An accomplished professional with a true passion for what you do
• Experienced, but committed to learning, growing and moving beyond limitations
• An excellent listener who treats others with respect, but does not hesitate to speak out and
• Burning desire to work on a project that is truly unique in the industry, with the potential to
shape its own genre
• Extensive experience in C++ and UE4's blueprint system
• Minimum of 2 years experience with Unreal Engine
• Preferably 4 years experience working in the game industry • Experience working with an Unreal mobile game
Bonus if you also have experience working with an Unreal VR game.
If your background does not match the requirements we have listed in some way, yet you believe you are a strong candidate for the position, please apply! Explain in your cover letter why this is the role for you. We carefully review every application we receive.
About Academy SMART
Academy Smart was founded in 2009 in Kharkiv, Ukraine. For several years the main expertise of the company included mostly learning and educational software development as well as educational courses.
Since then, the company has grown. In 2014, we partnered with IT Soft, located in Israel.
We have also established our partnerships and services with businesses in Austria, Netherlands, Finland, UK, United States and South Africa.
Our expertise expanded from E-learning to a variety of web, mobile applications, and cloud services. Our team is constantly growing, and we keep looking for new business growth opportunities.
DOU company page: