N-iX is looking for an experienced Typescript Engineer. Our customer is a leading North American online broker. The Engineer will be involved in the development of a new product from scratch, following through all stages of the Agile software development life cycle from inception to implementation.
The ideal candidate for this position is experienced in designing and developing high performing and scalable applications that deliver business value. This position will be involved in small to large scale projects through all stages of the software development life cycle from requirements gathering to implementation. This person will collaborate with the user interface and experience teams, other back-end and front-end developers and architects to deliver great applications.
• Be a forward-thinking technologist who is continuously researching new approaches to problems and discussing them with others in a productive manner, in a community of practice setting.
• Be actively involved in designing new application features and functionality, improving scalability and maintainability.
• Support and expertise for a complex and hybrid (cloud and on- premises) infrastructure environment; evaluation (with recommendations) to enable proper operability of applications on both infrastructure and software levels.
• Meet regularly and interact productively with a diverse team of business stakeholders, user interface and experience designers, architects, engineers as needed to elicit, define, analyze and document requirements and principles for new applications.
• Support less experienced team members in defining technical requirements to facilitate design, development, testing, implementation and ongoing support of applications within the team.
• Provide coaching to other team members to assist them with technical challenges and assignments. Ensure timely escalation of issues that are blocking oneself or the team.
• Help the team support applications built in production, addressing issues in a timely fashion, respecting agreed upon service level objectives.
• Contribute to defining and implementing best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies.
• Comply with the documented software processes and procedures throughout the life cycle of software products.
• Solicit and participate in code reviews and unit testing practices.
• If there is need, participate in research and proof of concepts, ensuring the value is documented and socialized.
• Share knowledge and lessons learned with others in the organization.
• Apply significant knowledge of the technology industry trends to help Questrade to improve and build innovative products.
• Assist with the technical screening of new team members joining engineering teams.
• Degree, diploma or equivalent directly related work experience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Software Engineering
• Digital financial services experience preferred.
• Exposure to the full software development life cycle, ideally including design, configuration, integration, testing and support including, but not limited to, gathering requirements, designing the future state solution, the development work breakdown, as well as supporting quality assurance and post-production efforts.
• Experience with unit testing frameworks.
• Strong skills at performance application tuning.
• Have good interpersonal, verbal and written skills and the ability to interact with multiple levels of technical audiences.
• Strong documentation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent time-management and organizational abilities that facilitate structured teamwork.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Ability to adapt and change based on new business
requirements and environment.
Preferred technical stack:
• Frameworks: NodeJS, NestJS, Google Protobuf
• Data: Google Cloud SQL, Redis Cache.
• Streaming: Google Pub/Sub.
• Infrastructure: Google Kubernetes Engine, and other
• Google Cloud Platform components.
• Tools: Gitlab, Jira, preferably automated CI/CD.
• Flexible working hours
• A competitive salary and good compensation package
• Possibility of partial remote work
• Best hardware
• A masseur and a corporate doctor
• Healthcare & sport benefits
• An inspiring and comfy office
• Challenging tasks and innovative projects
• Meetups and events for professional development
• An individual development plan
• Mentorship program
• Corporate events and outstanding parties
• Exciting team buildings
• Memorable anniversary presents
• A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.
Founded in 2002, N-iX is a custom software development company with a core business of providing Dedicated Development Team / Own Development Center service. A team of about 200 professionals, with headquarter in Lviv, a tech hub in western Ukraine, we host teams ranging from 5 to 40 developers that work across all technology stacks.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
6 January 2021