This vacancy directly to product company and team. Our client is a global engineering and consulting. It will be a great opportunity to contribute to product development. They are contributors to open source project including Kubernetes, Prometheus and Jenkins.
Our client is a global engineering and consulting group. We are experts in the container ecosystem, data processing and analytics, and cloud-native technologies. Their team is formed by network, data, security, DevOps specialists and application developers.
They achieve this by assigning small, virtual teams of highly skilled individuals to each client.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide deep technical expertise and leadership across a range of technologies. You will be the go-to person for driving tool selection, resolving complex engineering issues, and guiding best practices during engagements.
- Lead whiteboard design sessions with internal and external team members.
Identify and communicate technical risks as they emerge over the course of a project.
- Work closely with Principal Consultants to extract project requirements during technical discovery sessions, define deliverables to meet those requirements, and break down those deliverables into a technical roadmap.
- Provide guidance on technical tasks, priorities and technical assistance when needed.
- Manage scope within customer engagements. Identify changing requirements as they arise, determine their impact on scope, and ensure all stakeholders are aware and agree with the changes.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the customer, as a "Trusted Advisor". Set clear expectations, challenge assumptions, solicit feedback, and take ownership of project deliverables.
- Maintain relevant certifications on cloud technologies and stay informed of key industry trends.
- Proactively identify additional sales opportunities through the duration of the project.
Qualifications & Experience
Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- 5+ years of experience in public or private cloud environments
- 2+ years experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tooling (eg Terraform, ARM)
- 2+ years experience with Powershell or alternative Windows focussed automation tooling
- 2+ years experience in a technical leadership role (eg team lead, architect)
- 2+ years of specialized experience in at least one of the following:
- Containerization / Cloud Native (OpenShift, AKS, Open-Source Kubernetes etc.)
- Big Data / Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Azure. Azure certifications are a strong advantage.
- Proficiency in source code management with Git.
- Proficiency with at least one non-shell scripting language
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines and a strong understanding of CI/CD best practices
- Strong but flexible opinions on best practices for technical operations teams
Recruiting and Staffing agency
This job is no longer active.
DevOps / Sysadmin