Faria Education Group was founded in 2006 to transition schools from paper onto a curriculum-focused learning platform. Today, Faria powers curriculum for over 10,000 schools & districts and 3 million students with a suite of 4 services. Faria’s multi-disciplinary team of over 150 operates globally, across 9 offices.
The ManageBac division of Faria Education Group is looking for an Intermediate Ruby on Rails Engineer (Full-Stack) with the application integration and API development focus and hands-on development experience. The role also is responsible for new features development and maintaining the existing applications.
ManageBac is an online planning, assessment, and reporting platform for international schools, supporting over 2,600 schools in 120 countries. By providing schools with one unified system on a consistent, modern, and mobile-ready interface, ManageBac offers a seamless & integrated experience for coordinators, teachers, students, and parents.
• 4+ years of Ruby on Rails software development expertise
• Proficient with Ruby on Rails ( (versions 4 and 5), RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL), Background processing (DelayedJob, Sidekiq), AWS/S3
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, familiarity with the concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
• Automated testing (RSpec), continuous integration
• English — Intermediate or upper (both: writing and oral)
Nice to have:
• Experience with React.js and CoffeeScript
• Competitive salary and opportunities for career development
• Professional growth in the international business environment
• Cozy fully-equipped office in Ivano-Frankivsk.
• Great work-life balance with flexible working hours and free office lunches.
• Friendly atmosphere, sports activities and corporate events
• Paid vacation and stipend for Language classes, gym, external events, and conferences, etc.
• Retina MacBook Pro or another laptop of your specification, peripherals, and displays included
• Regular performance reviews
About Faria Education Group
Faria Education Group is an international education company that provides services & systems for international schools most notably, ManageBac, a Curriculum-First learning platform, and OpenApply, an online admissions service.
Our services are used by more than 800,000 students in over 2,900 international schools in 120 countries and four out of five International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma students.
DOU company page:
Apply for job
Job posted on
21 May 2020