GeoGuard is the global market-leader in the detection of location-based fraud. Working at the bleeding edge of technology, with Silicon Valley’s most famous names as our customers and partners GeoGuard, is seen as the best; and only wants to hire the best.
As a DevOps Engineer with GeoGuard on our GeoGuard Shield team, you will be accountable for automating processes between software development and IT teams, performing deployment, monitoring, and maintaining our GeoGuard Shield systems to ensure the company’s backend infrastructure is running smoothly at all times. This person will work closely with the development team and service delivery and analytics team, maintaining open communication regarding servers, test environments, and advising on solutions.
The ideal candidate has at least 2 year of relevant experience, and has solid IT knowledge in the following software in the Linux ecosystem: Ubuntu, Nginx, MySQL, PHP, HAProxy, and Node.js. You are proficient scripting using Bash or Python; experience with Elastic Stack is a big plus.
You are able to, and enjoy working in small collaborative teams and have good communication and interpersonal skills when working with developers. You have a great passion working in Agile development process environments, and are a fast self-study and are quick in solving tasks.
Your key accountabilities and responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Planning for new infrastructure requirements and maintaining current infrastructure, and ensuring automation scripts are adequately planned for and created
- Writing and maintaining guidelines outlining steps required to prepare and support the environments
- Configuration of networks and storage
- Monitoring GeoGuard Shield servers and applications
- Maintaining and troubleshooting environments (development, staging, and production)
- Responding to outages related to the DevOps team
- Collaborating with development and analytics teams to troubleshoot software-related issues
- Day-to-day management of Jenkins setup - adding new jobs, supporting multiple plugins, making sure reserve copies are in place and are consistent in at all times
- Ongoing development of Docker containers for various purposes
- Continuously improving the products’ security, stability and optimization
Your skills & qualifications:
- 2 years’ of relevant experience
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace or Google Cloud Platform
- Good experience with version control systems such as Git
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with Docker
- Comprehensive knowledge of security and compliance is a plus
- Good written and spoken technical English enough to discuss issues with teams remotely
GeoGuard is a leader in geolocation-powered fraud technology used to protect media and payment transactions worldwide.
Our patented and proprietary geolocation solutions are unparalleled in the level of accuracy, depth of security, and ease of integration. Uniquely tailored to match complex requirements and suited to locate users on any device.
Apply for job
Job posted on
3 February 2020