About the project:
The Client is an AI prime defense contractor with the U.S. government that creates AI software, enabling its customers to make better decisions, faster. Their mission is on a mission to create AI so powerful it amplifies human reasoning and enables enterprises to grow in previously unimaginable ways.
The project is implementation of new ML platform within the current Client's product portfolio.
Stage: new development within the existing platform, new roles (not replacement).
Tech stack: Rust, Python, Kafka API, S3, Kubernetes, Docker.
Timezone requirements: US time zone, 11-12am to 8-9pm Ukraine time.
Client team: overall the team is around 60 engineers based in US and India, this project is R&D with 1-2 engineers based in US and 2-3 engineers based in Europe (to be hired)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing and managing machine learning or data platforms.
- Strong understanding of machine learning concepts and experience working with machine learning frameworks and libraries.
- Proficiency in Rust and C++, and experience with Kafka API is a plus.
- Experience with containerization technologies, such as Docker, and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines for automated model training and deployment.
- Knowledge of data storage solutions and database technologies commonly used in machine learning and data workflows.
- Basic understanding of DevOps principles and practices.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly identify and resolve platform-related issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- A passion for staying updated with the latest trends and technologies in machine learning and data engineering.
- Solid programming skills in languages commonly used in machine learning, such as Python, C, Rust, Java, Go.
- Collaborate with data scientists and machine learning engineers to understand their requirements and design scalable, reliable, and efficient machine learning platform solutions.
- Build and maintain the infrastructure needed to support end-to-end machine learning workflows, including data ingestion, storage, preprocessing, model training, and deployment.
- Develop and optimize data pipelines to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of data to machine learning models.
- Develop systems for the definition and deployment and operation of the different phases of the machine learning and data life cycles.
- Work with Kubernetes to orchestrate and manage containers, ensuring high availability and fault tolerance of applications.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the platform performance, proactively identifying and addressing bottlenecks and issues.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in technologies and tools, and evaluate their potential to improve our platform's capabilities.
- Document best practices, guidelines, and standard operating procedures for the platform and contribute to knowledge sharing within the team.
Why choose us?
- “Family and Friends”. We are no longer a start-up, but we still, have a family atmosphere in our supportive and spirited team, who are all working together on the same goal.
- “Just break down all barriers and find a better way”. Every day you’ll meet with exciting and challenging (international) projects covering industries from commercial aviation to fintech (different technologies and products).
- “Hungry for learning”. You will get a lot of chances for career advancement and the development of new skills, mentorship opportunities, or learning from more experienced colleagues.
Benefits from 8allocate:
- You’ll work with a supportive and spirited team of professionals.
- Corporate events, holidays, and team buildings for your joy.
- Training and development: we have a huge library (about 500 books!) and a budget for your professional development.
- Coverage of psychologist sessions.
- Сoverage of sports activities.
- People-oriented management without bureaucracy.
- Paid vacation and sick leaves.
8allocate is a provider of software development solutions to companies all over the globe, from North America to the EU. We deliver market-ready solutions for FinTech/InsurTech, eCommerce, AI, Web, Mobile, and other domains.
DOU company page:
The job ad is no longer active
Look at the current