As our new Software Engineer, you will join SimCorp’s Product Development division, a full-scale Agile organisation. Here, you’ll become part of a cross functional Agile team that is responsible for delivering functionality within a specific module of our product SimCorp Dimension. You’ll get to apply your talents to all stages of the development lifecycle, including creation and review of user stories, development, design, testing, coding, code reviews, writing automated tests, and support.
You will be using multiple technologies, and your responsibilities will also include:
- Working with product management to refine new features
- Developing core functionality to support the business modules
- Maintaining the existing code base
- Be part of reviewing product code and formulate test scenarios
- Working as part of your agile team to reach the definition of done each sprint
- Taking responsibility for the quality of the product produced by the team
- Constantly learning and developing yourself, the team and our product
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a software developer
- Willingness to acquire new technical and programming skills like F#
- Understanding of advanced development techniques like event-sourcing; asynchronous programming, multithreading and concurrency; dependency injection
- Deep understanding of OOP, Design patterns, SOLID principles
- Practical knowledge of Unit testing, code coverage, and Test-Driven Development
- The ability to write clean, readable, self-documenting code with clear separation of concerns
- Be willing to take ownership of complex software features all the way through to deployment
- Ability to organically improve an existing software solution and to drive implementation of new features to this solution
- Be able to work both independently and as a member of a geographically dispersed team
Furthermore, we value that you:
- Have motivation to work within the financial domain
- Knowledge of functional programming, particularly F#
- Have motivation to invest into automation tests, underlying frameworks and their integration into CI/CD pipelines
- Have strong collaboration and communication skills and fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Actively learn through experimentation when tackling latest problems, using experiences from both successes and failures,
-Can introduce new ways of looking at problems and that you can take creative ideas and put them into practice
- Think about the entire system and can identify and implement ways to continuously improve
Attractive salary, bonus scheme, and pension are essential for any work agreement. However, in SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide a great work & life balance and opportunities for professional development: there is never just only one route - we offer an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take.
Applying for a job at SimCorp can involve several stages. Whenever possible, we’ll try to shorten our standard process outlined below. However, depending on the specific requirements of the hiring team, an additional step or meeting may be required – we’ll keep you informed at every stage.
1. Initial call with Talent Acquisition Partner
2. Meeting with the Team Manager in-depth conversation about the role and your previous experience
3. Technical meeting with Team members
4. Feedback and final offer
About SimCorp Ukraine
SimCorp — the world’s leading provider of One Integrated System for investment management with HQ in Copenhagen.
SimCorp Dimension, our product, is used by of global financial institutions and fund managers.
Product development — Copenhagen, Kyiv, London and Bad homburg.
Market Units — Northern, Southern, Central Europe, UK, Asia and North America.
DOU company page:
The job ad is no longer active
Look at the current
C# / .NET