IMPORTANT! Relevant for 31 of March 2023. 1 position vacant.
For a Long Term Project we are looking for a strong Senior Back-end Developer with 7+ years of experience. Project is already in production for several years and has thousands of RPS. You will work in a dedicated team for this project (~15 team members currently). Communication and technical documentation is in English only (written English required). The client and his team are strong technical specialists, the tasks on the project are interesting and complex. High load, high responsibility, a lot of work (100% workload). Sounds interesting? Then we are waiting for you!
By clicking on the link (company name) in the vacancy header, you can find brief information about our company, video, photos, contacts of the HR manager and a link to our website.
Our working conditions
- Our offices are well equipped power outages: gasoline generator, EcoFlow Delta portable power station provides electricity for devices and standby lightning, Fiber optic internet provider, Starlink provide access to the internet;
- First two weeks will be a paid probation period;
- Probation period paid as fixed monthly payment in UAH;
- Always stable and on time salary;
- Hourly rate is set in $;
- Official employment (by contract);
- Full work load of 160−200 hours per month and hourly rate ensuring all (extra) hours are paid;
- Regular revision of the hourly rate;
- Quarterly bonus, project performance based;
- English classes 2 times per week (groups of two people, after work hours);
- MacBook Pro 13/16, 4K monitor, stand, mouse, keyboard, headphones, comfortable chair, company branded T-shirt and mug;
- Working day from 8:00 to 17:00 (The plan for the day is made at the stand-up meeting and must be accomplished (considering common sense) within the day according to the checkpoints. After accepting the work, the PM finalizes the working day);
- Breakfast, lunches and other things in the kitchen at the expense of the company (coffee, tea, cookies, sweets, yogurts and drinks in the refrigerator);
- Work in one of our offices: 7 minutes from Osokorki metro station or 8 minutes from Lukianivska metro station or 15 minutes from Kontraktova Square metro station / 7 minutes from Taras Shevchenko metro station, metro station Nyvky 5 minutes (This office will open in May).
- 7+ years of experience;
- Strong knowledge of Node.js;
- Experience with relational databases (particularly PostgreSQL);
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Redis, InfluxDB);
- Experience working with Git and pull requests;
- Understanding basic design patterns and being able to apply them;
- Understanding of CI/CD processes.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the NestJS framework;
- High-loaded applications experience;
- Experience in working with large data sets, statistics;
- SQL queries optimizing experience;
- Minimal frontend development experience;
- Browser extensions development experience;
- Experience with canary deployments;
- Out-of-the-box thinking :)
Project technology stack
- Typescript / NestJS;
- Influx DB;
- Heroku / AWS / GCP;
- Cloudflare workers;
- New Relic;
- React / Vue.js;
- Pug / SCSS;
- Adguard SDK;
- Each employee has a mentor and together with him develops an PDP (Personal Development Plan) to improve skills and knowledge in different areas;
- Revision of the hourly rate happens every six months and depends on the implementation of the PDP and other performance indicators;
- Opportunity to learn/improve skills in NodeJS, modern frontend frameworks like Vue/React or browser extensions development as part of the PDP (personal development plan) program. Depending on your PDP direction and (if you like to) you can switch later to fullstack developer role, pure frontend developer role or browser extension developer role;
- Experienced colleagues ready to help with complex tasks;
- Technically savvy PMs who do task decomposition and know how to work with both the client and developers. No broken telephone game and no estimates handed down from the top;
- Mandatory peer code review and test coverage of important functionality, efficient QA process and task acceptance procedures;
- Opportunity to study related areas/technologies (frontend, browser extensions) — not abruptly, but systematically as if working on a complete mini-project; being guided by a mentor and according to a plan drawn up with a mentor, with each task passing code review and QA process, etc.
abz.agency® is a software development company and trusted outsourcing partner, with a focus on custom web application, website and browser extension development.
Since 2005 abz.agency® has been working in the area of web development and work with clients from all around the globe. As a global outsourcing provider we have 65+ employees across our offices in Tallinn (Estonia) and Kiev (Ukraine).
The main activities of the company is the development of complex and custom web applications. The company also develops web sites. Providing a full cycle of work from the development of technical documentation, design, full-stack development to implementation and support. In recent years, the company has mastered the development of browser extensions. That allows you to actively expand the range of services.
The main technical stack in development is: PHP, Laravel, Node.js, React.js, Vue.js. In design, we actively use wireframing and mockuping: WireframePro, Sketchapp, PhotoShop, Figma. The company also actively uses paid services and licenses for work: Google, Jetbrains, Adobe and other providers. The offices created good conditions for productive work: modern equipment, including Mac Books Pro and 4K monitors, meeting rooms, a kitchen, staff lunches.
The company continues to grow with its employees. Mastering new versions of the current technical stack. Learning new technologies. The application of best practices and the use of technical specifications. All this creates the foundation for a quality product, which the customer then receives.
Job posted on
21 March 2023