As part of the Voicea team acquired by Cisco in 2019, you will work closely with other motivated and hardworking engineers to deliver Voicea's industry-leading AI capabilities to millions of users world-wide.
Who We Are
The Collaboration Technology Group transforms the connections between people and the information they need to share which is essential to better the business. We improve collaboration with technology that empowers people to engage and innovate anywhere, on any device.
Within the technology group we are focused on further transforming the technology by weaving in Adaptive Intelligence to be the information superhighway – connecting people, their work, and their physical world together through intelligence, personalization, relationships, and analytics to innovate, attract and retain talent, enable a global, mobile workforce, and engage customers in a more efficient way.
What You Will Do
- Architect, build, and launch scalable data pipelines to support Webex growing data processing and analytics needs. Some upcoming projects you may work on include designing and implementing pipelines that deliver data with high quality, consistency, and timeliness. Evangelize high-quality software engineering practices for building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale.
- Understand end to end data interactions and dependencies across complex data pipelines and data transformation and how they impact business decisions.
- Produce foundational data tables and metrics with clear definitions, lineage, and test coverage to ensure that data is reliable, intelligible, and maintainable
- Design our data models for optimal storage and retrieval and to meet critical product and business requirements.
- Understand and influence logging to support our data flow, architecting logging best practices where needed
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources; develop relationships with product engineering teams to manage our analytic data model as the product evolves.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in CS/EE, or equivalent experience
- Possess expert analytical skills, ability to transform business requirements into highly reliable software processes
- Proficient in one of the programming languages: Python, Go and Bash scripting
- Experience with big data architectures and data modeling, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra to efficiently process large volumes of data.
- Experience using workflow management engines (e.g. Airflow, Luigi, Prefect, Dagster, digdag.io, Google Cloud Composer, AWS Step Functions, Azure Data Factory, UC4, Control-M)
- Advanced SQL and database knowledge. Including experience working with OLAP databases like Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc and OLTP databases like MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- Appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You will be a part of an innovative product used by millions of users all around the world
- Annual bonuses
- Stock options
- Medical insurance
- International multicultural team
- Official employment contract
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
Be you, with us!
Job posted on
8 September 2021
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni