We are hiring an experienced Technical Project Manager to organize, coordinate and lead projects and/or programs.
Surprise.com is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams™, is the world’s first and only SuccessOS™. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.
We are hiring an experienced Technical Project Manager to organize, coordinate and lead projects and/or programs. A Technical Project Manager might oversee multiple projects at one time as well as a more complex set of projects (programs), each of which might have its own project team and cross-team dependency. You will provide strategic guidance and planning to teams and project managers in ways that promote the company’s culture. The ideal candidate will have a sharp business mind and a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level project/program initiatives. As a natural-born leader, you will have a strong talent for project coordination and delegation.
You will be working closely with internal clients (such as top management, product management team etc) as well as initiating your own projects/programs to fulfill business goals.
What will you be doing?
• Formulating, overseeing, guiding, and promoting coordination between assigned teams to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives;
• Communicating, negotiating, and problem-solving with stakeholders;
• Deciding on suitable strategies and objectives;
• Leading and evaluating available resources dedicated to the project scope;
• Developing and controlling deadlines, budgets and activities;
• Applying change, risk and resource management;
• Assessing overall project performance and aim to maximize ROI/Time to market;
• Resolving higher scope project issues;
• Aligning schedules with global company roadmap and priorities in mind;
• Managing and allocating resources (fully dedicated as well as part time allocation requests and scope management);
• Analyzing, evaluating, and overcoming project risks, and producing program reports for management and stakeholders.
What are we looking for?
• 3+ years of proven experience as a Technical Project Manager or other managerial position in project management;
• Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods;
• Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office/Google documents; working knowledge of program/project management software (Atlassian product line including JIRA, Confluence and Advanced Roadmaps) is a strong advantage;
• Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Excellent problem-solving ability;
• Full understanding of a software development life cycle and best practices;
• Solid understanding of software development processes and software architecture;
• Proven experience in defining project scope, deliverables, roles and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders;
• Experience in evaluating technological choices (network/hardware related and technology/code related) by querying providers and understanding enough about implications to make choices for the organization that have an appropriate balance between cost / benefit today and future implications and limitations;
• Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships;
• Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present a polished, professional, and diplomatic image to all stakeholders;
• Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work;
• Hands on experience in a role of a software engineer or software engineer in test is a plus.
What skills will come in handy?
• Bachelor's degree or master's degree in business, computer science or related field;
• Solid vs micro service based architectures;
• Mobile Apps software development experience;
• Scalability related issues management;
• Proven technical leadership skills;
• Proven experience in project/program/delivery management;
• Proven stakeholder management skills;
• Proven experience managing a team without authority;
• Experience using computers for a variety of tasks (automation of routine is a big plus);
• Experience at an IT product company.
At Surprise.com, we’re committed to hiring builders who are inspired by our team’s guiding principle: to derive a tremendous sense of purpose from the inner quest for excellence itself, being driven from within to make anything we touch be the best it can be. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them. We are first and foremost customer driven – engineering, product and design collaborate as equals to create a phenomenal end user experience. We’re also home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation afloat.
• An extremely competitive salary for the local market
• 20 working days of paid vacation
• 15 days of paid sick leave
• Ultramodern offices in the heart of Lviv (Magnus) and Kyiv (Gulliver)
• English classes
• Fruits and dinners
• And, of course, we get Surprises internally
Surprise.com has created a purpose built enterprise class platform that aligns employees, managers and business leaders to effectively drive “positive, goal directed behavior” and recognizes major accomplishments and milestones across an organization in support of personal, team and corporate goals.
The company is fundamentally changing how people work, by engaging employees and providing impactful analytics to people operations professionals. To continue scaling our impact, we’re committed to hiring builders who are inspired by our team’s guiding principle: to derive a tremendous sense of purpose to make anything we touch be the best it can be.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Surprise.com is currently building a team of professionals in Lviv to help the product develop even faster and conquer new markets.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
9 July 2021