A Senior Engineer is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical, and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems, and solutions.
Nordstrom is on a journey from legacy batch-centric practices to a real-time, event-streaming-centric platform, Nordstrom Analytical Platform (NAP), to produce high-quality pre-stitched 360 views of our customers, product, Inventory, etc. We have laid the groundwork and are ready to take the next step in our journey and build business logic that delights our customers.
Marketing Technology Streaming Team is tasked with using data to improve the customer experience and our ability to reach people in the way they prefer with relevant information to make their shopping experience more seamless.
- Design and develop distributed data processing pipelines in the Big Data ecosystem using Spark, Flink, Kafka, Airflow, Hive, Hbase, Presto, etc.
- Turn data into insights and connect those insights with our customers
- Collaborate with technical program management, analytics, and marketing business partners to build scalable and durable solutions that drive business outcomes
- Build data products that reduce friction to enable our marketing initiatives to pivot quickly
- Automate manual processes where possible, including audience segmentation, triggered email, success KPIs, etc
- Continuously improve upon existing processes and solutions
- Ongoing production support of marketing data products
- Maintain high level of coding and testing standards
- Solid foundation in software engineering practices, data modeling, objected-oriented analysis and design, design patterns, and algorithms
- 5+ years of experience in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Scala)
- 5+ years of experience with MPP Databases, SQL, data modeling, data mining, and automated engineering solutions
- Experience in developing near real-time data processing solutions using Kafka, Flink, Spark Streaming (preferred)
- Knowledge of DevOps and Ci/CD
- Experience with distributed systems (Spark, AWS EMR etc)
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS or Azure)
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience (Master’s preferred)
Zoolatech is a boutique service provider, specializing in high-end software development. We are based in Silicon Valley with a Development Center in Kyiv, Ukraine. Although ZoolaTech is a relatively young player on the Eastern European market, we have deep roots and years of experience of working within Ukrainian and American high tech industries. The size of our clientele varies from Fortune 500 to inspiring startups. We are not an outsourcer in a traditional sense, rather we specialize in helping our Clients scale by extending their teams to Eastern Europe.
Over the years, we have learned that in our industry people are the most important asset, and so we treat our employees as such. We set our working environment in a way that allows individuals thrive and grow professionally, as well as personally. As much as we are dedicated to providing the best possible services to our Clients, we are just as dedicated to helping our Employees reach their professional dreams and ambitions.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
10 June 2021