Our team believes that making awesome projects requires neverending growth. Day by day our team gathers to transform your ambitious ideas into powerful digital experiences and craft most trusted solutions.
- Develop and design system software to meet WorkWide business requirements.
- Determine system interactions, specifications, and integration strategies for WorkWide products and services.
- Implement solutions which support business project streams.
- Participate in design and technical reviews across the business.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment and support and explain reasoning for decisions made towards architecture and software.
- Adherence to agile development methodologies and release cycles.
- Testing and coordinating the testing of new features within the environment.
- Troubleshooting failures and performance related issues.
- Brainstorming and incubating new ideas with others.
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, and improving solutions within our environment, extending from user interfaces, process workflow to backend integration.
- Responsible for maintaining all documentation relevant to the development work.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to, and contributing towards, the WorkWide Enterprise Architecture standards for User Experience, and Systems Integration.
About IWD Agency
IWD Agency is the brainchild of founder and CEO, Joe McFerrin. The son of a chemical engineer, Joe was a natural problem solver. As he got older, this fueled his love for entrepreneurship and interest in business. Joe graduated from LSU with a degree in Information Systems and Decision Sciences (ISDS) and immediately began working in web development.
After a few years, Joe realized that his favorite projects were those for eCommerce companies. It just so happened that the entire industry was changing during this time, too. Joe began working on eCommerce sites exclusively just before Magento debuted. This gave him ample time to become an expert at using this platform, one that would go on to revolutionize eCommerce.
It wasn’t long before the demand for Joe’s expertise grew to the point that he either needed help or had to give up sleep.
He chose to launch IWD Agency, an eCommerce agency that quickly grew to more than 50 staff members. After spending a number of years growing in Baton Rouge, Joe took his company to Austin, TX, as he believes it’s Silicon Valley 2.0. For the past 6 years, the agency has been among the 100 fastest-growing LSU graduate-owned companies.
Today, IWD focuses solely on designing, developing, and supporting eCommerce websites. We still love Magento but have also branched off into other popular platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and more.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
10 June 2021