- Solving complex programming challenges with Python
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver compelling cross-platform user-facing products.
- Design, build, ship, and maintain reusable systems that drive complex web applications.
- Own, create, review, and provide feedback on technical design proposals and proof of concepts.
- Write clean, fast, compatible, easy-to-use, and testable code to turn ideas into production-quality products.
- Improve and design systems and make other cross-cutting architecture improvements in both the Front-end and Back-end codebases.
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers by leading and collaborating in all engineering discussions and evangelizing engineering best practices.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by meticulously testing and monitoring code, writing documentation.
- Doing regular code reviews/PR for your colleagues
- Writing unit, integration, and E2E tests
- Collaborate, learn, and grow
Skills & Qualifications:
5+ years of real product experience - you have shipped products
In-depth technical knowledge of Python
Expertise in Python frameworks like Django and Flask
Experience developing in a microservices architecture, and following domain-driven design principles
Solid coding practices including writing technical specifications, peer code review, and unit & integration testing
Experience working with Docker
Experience with unit and integration testing tools and practices
Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MongoDB
Proven experience building server-side APIs both RESTful and GraphQL
Experience with Git
Familiarity with various AWS tools such as S3, Lambda, etc.
Passion for user experience and user-centric development with a strong eye for detail
Experienced in Object Oriented Programming / Object-Oriented Design Patterns, preferably using Python
Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Self-starter and passionate learner
Work remotely: We believe in folks working where they are happiest and most productive. For this role, you would ideally be located in an Israel or European timezone.
Home office setup + hardware/software coverage: Get a laptop and whatever hardware, software, or services you need and are reasonable to do your job.
Minimum vacation: At least 24 days. If you feel the need for a break just let us know and we will make it happen.
Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers at least once per year.
Formal employment from the first working day (sick leave, vacations)
Official salary 100%
GlobalDots is world's largest Value-Add-Reseller of Cloud Performance, Content Delivery and Security technologies. Iconic brands like Lufthansa, Swiss, Lidl, Bosch, Benetton, Playtika & Payoneer trust us to secure and deliver their digital assets to worldwide audiences.
Regardless if you need a CDN, Multi-CDN, DDoS Protection, Bot Protection or you are on your journey to move your infrastructure to the Cloud, you can rely on GlobalDots to optimize your infrastructure - fast, secure, reliable and with great ROI on your IT budget.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
3 June 2021