At Oracle's Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU), we're applying cutting-edge computer science to one of humanity's greatest challenges: Energy. We also consider ourselves a startup within Oracle. A startup that's focussed on the utility industry.
Our utility customers in the U.S. and abroad give us energy usage data for tens of millions of their customers, which we then analyze and aggregate using the latest software technology to motivate consumers to use less energy. We use the right tools for each element of our broad solution set so our engineers get exposure to everything from the Spring Framework to Ruby on Rails, from Hadoop and HBase to MySQL. If you are a top-notch engineer looking for a fast-paced, high-growth place to work while being surrounded by highly skilled, driven peers then Oracle's UGBU is the place for you.
What You'll Make Happen:
● Develop and implement tests of our product suite, including end-to-end Java services testing,
● Develop automation in existing tools and frameworks, and extend those tools and frameworks as necessary,
● Create and execute test plans and test cases based on requirements and user stories revolving around complex data scenarios,
● Identify testing gaps and improve test coverage,
● Identify current process flaws, suggest and implement improvements to increase product quality.
● Interact with product managers and engineers across the teams to clarify requirements and drive projects to on-time, seamless releases.
● Participate in product Demos.
● Contribute to the relevant DevOps work and help improve the CI-CD for the team.
● 3 years of experience in a fast-paced application-development industry
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Experience in continuous integration environments like Jenkins, and understanding CI/CD pipeline
● Strong experience with distributed source code control systems, like Git
● Strong background in testing RESTful web services
● Proficiency with a SQL-flavored database for data mining, test setup and troubleshooting purposes
● Business analyst mindset
● Ability to create automated test frameworks from scratch and support existing ones
As a plus:
● Proficiency with Java programming language
● Ruby programming language expertise
● Experience with Java Spring framework and particularly Spring Batch,
● Experience with cloud-based testing tools like BrowserStack.
We’re a cloud technology company that provides organizations around the world with computing infrastructure and software to help them innovate, unlock efficiencies and become more effective. We also created the world’s first – and only – autonomous database to help organize and secure our customers’ data.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure offers higher performance, security, and cost savings. It is designed so businesses can move workloads easily from on-premises systems to the cloud, and between cloud and on-premises and other clouds. Oracle Cloud applications provide business leaders with modern applications that help them innovate, attain sustainable growth, and become more resilient.
The work we do is not only transforming the world of business--it's helping defend governments, and advance scientific and medical research. From nonprofits to companies of all sizes, millions of people use our tools to streamline supply chains, make HR more human, quickly pivot to a new financial plan, and connect data and people around the world.
DOU company page: