N-iX Game & VR Studio is looking for a senior Node.js software engineer to join our ranks to work on a challenging multiplayer online game for Apple Arcade.
N-iX Game & VR Studio is a team of 100+ professionals delivering top-quality games and VR solutions to various game and media enterprises and startups. Among our clients are Paradox Interactive, Wargaming.net, Tempo Storm, and other established game businesses and VR startups. We aim for AAA quality of work and offer competitive benefits to our employees.
We are looking for a senior Node.js software engineer to join our ranks to work on a challenging multiplayer online game for Apple Arcade.
• Work alongside architecture and frontend teams to design and implement scalable game services
• Monitoring production services, setup consolidated reporting system for scale out triggers on load
• Ensure necessary system security by using best in class cloud security solutions
• Setup tools to perform and simulate peak traffic scenarios and evaluate the robustness and scalability of the services
• Optimise cost and utilization of AWS services
• Ensure code quality with standard design patterns along with sufficient documentation
• Experience of 5+ years building distributed cloud applications
• Experience designing and building services on AWS, which includes working with various components like EC2, RDS, S3, API gateway, Step functions, Cloudwatch, Cloudfront, DynamoDB, Lambda, Kinesis, ELK
• Experience building and maintaining WebSocket applications
• Experience with tools like JMeter, Blazemeter to simulate high traffic environments.
• Experience integrating with analytics services and spawning relevant game events.
• Experience using monitoring solutions like CloudWatch, ELK Stack, and Prometheus
• Understanding of writing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), using tools like CloudFormation or Serverless
• Solid background in Linux/Unix and macOS server system administration
• Experience using DevOps tools in a cloud environment, such as Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Maven
• Experience implementing AWS Lambdas on NodeJS runtime environments
• Experience in troubleshooting and debugging distributed systems
• Good English level to communicate ideas and challenges to main stakeholders
Good to have:
• A good understanding of performance optimization;
• VCS (preferably Git, to be familiar with git-flow);
• Knowledge of CI/CD processes;
• Flexible working hours
• A competitive salary and good compensation package
• Best hardware
• A masseur and a corporate doctor
• Healthcare & sport benefits
• An inspiring, comfy, clean, and safe office
• Flexible hours approach
• Competitive salary and compensation package
• 18 business days of payable annual free-time
• 10 days of paid sick leave
• Membership of the IT-BPO club card, loyalty program.
• Gym, Masseur, and Doctor
• Relax zones
• Challenging tasks and projects
• Individual Development Plan
• Personal education budget
• Performance appraisal
• Business trips
• Corporate events and outstanding parties
• Team buildings
• Anniversary presents
Founded in 2002, N-iX is a custom software development company with a core business of providing Dedicated Development Team / Own Development Center service. A team of about 200 professionals, with headquarter in Lviv, a tech hub in western Ukraine, we host teams ranging from 5 to 40 developers that work across all technology stacks.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
1 April 2021