App for Dating, Friendship and Connection. The app helps people express their authenticity and form meaningful connections. The users can express themselves through a visual board with images, text and emojis.
The app is striving to build a kinder and more respectful dating culture. Unlike other dating services that might feel like a catalog, our app allows users to search for people with similar interests, passions, and long-term plans.
The app is integrated with local events (somewhat like Facebook events). So the users can meet organically when there’s no pressure. We’re also hosting daily virtual meet-ups. They’ve been a blast! People are feeling a little isolated and restless during the lockdown.
In the future, we’re planning to allow our partner organizations to create their private communities. In the more distant future, we’re planning to create a fully-fledged web version of the app.
The creator of this app is a Harvard graduate, an award-winning filmmaker, whose films screened at Sundance and many other festivals, and were featured in the New York Times. She was inspired to create the app after her 12 trips to Burning Man. (If you don’t know what Burning Man is — google it now.) You’ll have a unique opportunity to work with her directly and influence the future development of the product.
- You are very experienced in using React Native (2+ years)
- Your English level at least upper intermediate
- You can implement new applications as well as maintain codebase of existing ones.
- You are commercial in your thinking, you love making data driven decisions and are keen to grow a business from the ground up.
- You have experience in a start-up environment and love to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
- You have a strong desire and ambition to create production applications with thousands of active users.
- You have experience in creating, developing, debugging and maintenance both Android and iOS apps
- You are familiar with the firebase ecosystem
- develop new functionality in application which is already in production mode
- maintain existing codebase, refactor it as it grows
- fix bugs found on various devices and make sure all of them provide the same usage experience
- participate in communication with the client
- provide recommendations about code and functionality improvements
- Mature and efficient processes
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Room for personal and professional growth
- Zero bureaucracy
- 18 business days of paid vacation + public holidays compensation
- 50% coverage of sick leave, gym membership, and English language courses
- Regular team buildings and corporate events
Serengeti is software development outsourcing company based in Zagreb, Croatia designed to work with mid-size technology vendors primarily based in the Western Europe. While we also serve other industries and markets, our most enthusiastic clients recognize us for our unique approach to working with clients in a way that complements their existing engineering capabilities with capacity, technology skills and flexibility. Our model ensures a smooth transition of work to our teams and transition to offsite location.
Our primary service is Extended R&D Workbench. It is optimal outsourcing service for mid to long term engagements. Serengeti will provide you with right team size and skills to expand your own development team with capacity & expertise.
We build long term collaborations with our clients that results in win-win-win outcome for our clients, our employees and Serengeti.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
22 February 2021