QA Lead Engineer (with Capital Markets/Compliance/Regulatory Reporting)
We are building a team to run technology, innovation and support for a world-class investment management institution. The scope of the applications and business areas covers applications and infrastructure support, trading, risk management and reporting, market data processing, market surveillance and intelligence, books keeping, reporting and more.
We are establishing a star team capable of facing the challenges of modern highly paced environments, lots of data, demand for top-class performance, availability and reliability. We utilize a wide stack of technologies and keep innovating and adopting new architectures and ways to retain leadership in the marketplace.
We are looking for bright people with engineering talent and highly proficient in their technological area, ready to continue learning and challenging the status quo as they work, willing to learn from mistakes and continue excelling.
The Quality Assurance Lead is responsible for conducting quality control activities for the IT Services Department. The QA Analyst will analyse application systems, create test case documentation, and execute plans. The successful candidate will have proven experience ensuring that complex software applications are performing as designed.
• Be the QA SME for the team assigned and manage few offshore QA resources in the same team.
• Develop and maintain test plans for user interface, functionality, system and "ad-hoc testing".
• Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as functional, system, data, regression, load, failover, performance and acceptance testing methods.
• Document quality assurance practices.
• Provide analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
• Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues
• Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
• Evaluate, plan, design, develop, and deploy testing techniques for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
• Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
• Analyze formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
• Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
• Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information
• Previous QA lead/SME experience
• Strong communication and leadership skills.
• Good understanding of Capital Markets/ Compliance/ Regulatory Reporting area
• Strong spreadsheet and MS SQL experience.
• Data reconciliation experience is a must.
• Ability to automate data validations will be a huge plus.
• Have good experience working with both desktop and web-based apps and also a good understanding of the backend architecture and data workflow.
• Proactive in tracking issues and reaching out to necessary teams to help with the testing effort.
• Interact with different teams such as QA, DEV, Support and other upstream and downstream teams to coordinate testing effort.
• Understanding of deployment process, a plus
• Understanding of messaging platforms like ActiveMQ and Solace a plus.
Luxoft is a high-end application outsourcing provider of choice and a trusted technology advisor to Global 2000 and medium-sized growth companies that apply compelling technologies to obtain leadership positions in their respective markets.
Luxoft today finds the Best talents, proposes career growth & employment benefits. Our teams are involved in high complicity & innovative projects for the Top leaders companies around the Globe.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
13 January 2021