Our client is a leading global Financial market data provider that runs a number of change programs to deliver high-quality software that connects Financial Markets across the globe in a real-time, high frequency, and low-latency data management chain.
The projects are technically challenging in an environment that is very engaging.
This role sits within the AWS Cloud Platform Team. The client is growing a team of highly skilled and passionate engineers to help build, develop, and operate large-scale public cloud environments. The group is responsible for creating and maintaining the Cloud Platform and related services that allow development groups to leverage Public Cloud resources in a standard, supportable framework.
This is a chance to work with a large group of motivated, knowledgeable, and passionate individuals in an effort to mold the way that client builds in public cloud providers such as AWS and Microsoft Azure. We work globally and are looking for someone with knowledge of working in a DevOps fashion to deliver these new technologies.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities
• Take lead on closely working with architects and other team members and groups to develop and build complex cloud services and capabilities that meet the needs of product engineering and delivery groups
• Drive interactions with our community of technologists to describe & own the work produced by team
• Ongoing support and development of cloud services including working with product development groups to build cloud-aware applications
• Develop automated processes to prevent, identify, and fix problems that impact service availability
• Develop, document, and operate toolkits for the provisioning and managing of cloud infrastructure
• Maintain an understanding of industry trends and how new technologies can be leveraged to meet business objectives
• Work as part of a larger SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) team to provide operations support for our AWS accounts, this includes being part of an on call rota as 3rd line cloud platform support
• Identify and deliver improvements across a broad range of areas such as cost savings, security, ease of use, & reliability. Take ownership of these and drive to completion.
Leadership & Communication (25%)
• Work with and help lead a virtual team to deliver business unit priority work
• Help to identify and champion priority workloads with the wider Cloud organisation
• Be an active participant in SCRUM sessions with the team and participate in wider team direction setting
• Communicate effectively and professionally with internal customers, management, and other Cloud teams dispersed across the globe
• Collaborate with cloud platform architects and other cloud and engineering teams to translate high level technical requirements and in turn define infrastructure changes
• Participate in meetings with internal customers and effectively negotiate expectations
• Provide metrics around reliability, stability, and performance of our infrastructure
• Set individual & team goals that are consistent with business goals.
Business Acumen and Strategy (15%)
• Develop a broad knowledge of business strategies and product portfolio
• Innovate new and improved uses of technology to meet business objectives
• Understand the impact of new technologies and their technical impacts to supported systems
• Collaborate with peers, architects and managers to understand the strategy and how best to operationalise it across the cloud environments
• Substantial related technology experience
• Experienced in leading cross functional teams
• Proven track record of delivering goals
• Experienced in writing clean code in Python
• Experienced with Terraform
• Knowledge of these public cloud service providers: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
• Experienced in infrastructure as code and version control system technologies such as Terraform & Git
• Knowledge & Experience of modern agile development methodologies
• Exposure to DevOps practices and automation of software testing, delivery, and infrastructure changes
• Strong passion for technology, a willingness to learn new skills and the ability to evangelize the uses of cloud services
• Self-motivated and self-directed, ability to translate technical direction into functional solutions
• Ability to work effectively in a globally distributed team, managing multiple priorities while collaborating with cross-functional teams
• Proven ability to investigate complex issues spanning multiple technologies and drive to completion
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Experienced in writing clean code in other Object Orientated languages such as Python, .NET, etc
• Experience in developing and testing Infrastructure as Code
• Experience in working as part of an existing Site Reliability Engineering team
• Experience with any public or private cloud technologies/services
• Expertise in Windows and Linux system administration, databases (relational and NoSQL) and networking infrastructure and services (routing, switching, DNS, NTP)
Luxoft is a high-end application outsourcing provider of choice and a trusted technology advisor to Global 2000 and medium-sized growth companies that apply compelling technologies to obtain leadership positions in their respective markets.
Luxoft today finds the Best talents, proposes career growth & employment benefits. Our teams are involved in high complicity & innovative projects for the Top leaders companies around the Globe.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
30 December 2020