A good opportunity to join our innovative development team where you will play an important role in developing meaningful applications using technologies like React Native, React JS, Type Script, Apollo GraphQL and the others.
Norse is looking for a React native developer to join our cross-functional engineering team. We are seeking a highly technical, strategic, and hands-on professional with good systems-level thinking skills. If you’re curious and passionate about new technologies and cutting-edge innovation, enjoy pulling together pieces of a puzzle to deliver a meaningful end-product this is the ideal role for you.
Interested in working with a team committed to innovation? We’d like to talk to you!
- We are a native digital company that create innovating and “state-of-the-art” solutions
- We believe that new technology is vital for building great software
- We always challenge the existing concepts in our area of work
About the project:
Our application enables field operators and farm managers to efficiently track, monitor and record operations through mobile phones while generating a database of farm records to simplify reporting to authorities and marketing organizations.
Our leadership, board and investors have been hand-picked to include a wealth of agricultural experience. Together, we aspire to provide farmers reliable support in their decision-making to maximize return on every acre – while preserving their soil and producing healthy food for a growing planet.
Within the next thirty years, the global population will hit 10 billion. This means we need to produce 70% more food than today. At the same time, available farmland will stay practically the same and environmental issues ask that we take even better care of natural resources. Join us in our journey to grow more with less.
- At a minimum, 2-3 years of professional React Native experience building apps
- Strong desire: experience building true native apps (iOS, Android) in a professional setting, preferably with an agency
- Computer science degree preferred
- Experience working independently & as a part of a distributed team
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate professionally with colleagues & peers & customers
- Ability to foresee errors or bugs; voice any concerns and have solutions ready to offer
- Ability to lead and follow
- Willingness and eager to learn new things
- Proven success delivering apps on time and on-budget
- At least intermediate English level
- CV in English
- React Native
- React JS
- Type Script
- Apollo GraphQL
Why would you choose to work for Norse?
- Work on an innovative noble-minded project with a valuable social mission
- No legacy code in the project
- Ability to use most modern frameworks and technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Be part of a large international organization
- Great opportunity for independent work, responsibilities, and career development
- Cozy office (we work remotely during quarantine period)
- Corporate events during the year
- English lessons with a professional teacher (online during quarantine period)
- Bicycle parking
If you’re ready to be challenged and take the next step in your career, send us your resume today. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Our passion for technology goes all the way back to 2001, when Yngve Tvedt and Christian Lundvang established Norse in Ålesund. Despite the fact that the dot com world had barely recovered after the bubble burst in the spring of 2000, the two founders decided they would build innovative technology companies.
However, it was never their intention to build another "cool" technology company. The founders built on their fascination for traditional industries to build technology companies that could help solve the major challenges the industrial companies faced. Since then, Norse has built technology for a number of disruptive start-ups, and through hard work, trial and error, has learned to master how to build innovative technology companies that make a difference.
In 2015, Norse expanded its activity to two different business areas: Norselab was created to focus on building meaningful technology companies from the ground up. We in Norse continue to build technology for these companies, but our main focus is to offer our external customers our specialized expertise for developing strategic digital projects.
In Ukraine Norse has 2 offices in Odessa and in Uzhhorod.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
29 December 2020