EPAM Ukraine invites a Python engineer / Architect:
Python expert to join a new project (data lake product).
True technology geek is welcome!
Our client is a global leader in information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide.
Project and role description:
Development of a Knowledge Graph platform, which intends to connect all the data through the data lake.
The candidate would be working in dynamic development culture as part of CTO office, driving success through software design, delivery of reference implementations and general knowledge sharing.
Accountable for the successful execution of technology projects including support and maintenance releases, minor functional releases and major products.
Further, the candidate would be expert at adapting easily to rapidly changing environments to ensure bottom-line success with leadership capabilities that enable he/she to work well independently or as part of a team.
Duties & Accountabilities:
· Software design and development required to implement the Knowledge Graph;
· Collaborate with CTO office and business units on development initiatives;
· Recommends software solutions and/or new technologies based upon business value drivers, proven architecture principles, patterns and return on investment;
· Understands and implements data models that support functional requirements;
· A clear understanding of data base technologies;
· Influencing common data modeling, design, and coding practices;
· Facilitating the reuse of code, components, and proven patterns;
· Defines reference documentation in support of developed solutions;
· Can instrument code in CI/CD environments;
· Synchronizing the following disciplines across solutions whenever applicable:
— Privacy by design, security by design and data security;
— Production infrastructure as code;
— Scalability, performance, and other Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs).
· Develops innovative technology approaches to solve business problems and is usually sought out as an expert in this field;
· Experience of working with development methodologies like SCRUM, Kanban;
· Experience presenting to an business audience;
· Knowledge of financial products, industry trends, regulatory rules in different jurisdictions and operational practices across a range of asset classes;
· Extensive experience of working on mission critical systems.
· 10+ years of experience in software development/design in relevant technology disciplines;
· Experienced with hands on full stack development in progressive stacks, such as Python (Node.js and Go will be a plus);
· Cloud/SaaS/Web Services development, using SOA architectures. AWS is preferred;
· Experience building graph databases (Neo4J);
· Deep understanding of RDBMS, SQL, OLAP, OLTP and NoSQL alternatives;
· Familiarity with building on and deploying containerized services to 3rd party platforms such as AWS;
· Docker, ECS, Kubernetes or similar orchestration technologies;
· Knowledge applying a test-driven CI/CD framework and culture at a team level;
· A background with Big Data driven analysis and productization.
About EPAM Systems
EPAM Systems is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and software development services, with more than 36,700+ employees worldwide.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
14 November 2020