Litera is looking for a Software Engineer. You will participate in the full SDLC from preliminary system analysis to testing and deployment. This hybrid-engineering role includes building high quality and fully performing software that meets quality and software development standards.
Who You Are:
We are looking for an accountable, driven, energetic, proactive and smart team member
-Troubleshoot and test technical solutions
- Review defects, identify remediation steps, and implementation of those steps
- Complete tasks within the timeframe given under general supervision
- Write functioning code that can be extended and maintained with a minimum number of defects
- Become proficient with engineering skills, from new languages to software development principles (such as object-oriented design)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 1 – 3 years’ professional work experience implementing full-stack solutions to real business problems
- Good understanding of software development principles (object-oriented design, SOLID)
- Good understanding of design pattern
- Good command of programming languages, tools and frameworks: C/C++, Visual Studio, GIT, NuGet, STL, MFC, COM, WinAPI
- Experience in Jira, Boost, Open XML SDK, MS Office Object Model, C#, ReSharper would be a plus
- Willingness to learn and the desire to improve your craft
- English level – Intermediate
Who We Are:
Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing, award-winning software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving over 90% of the world's largest law firms, hundreds of thousands of lawyers use our software every day. As a company recently selected for Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
What We Offer:
- A friendly team that will make on-boarding process smoother
- Large, comfortable and modern office with facilities: car parking, gym, gaming zone and meeting rooms
- Competitive comprehensive package with various benefits and perks, including remote work, paid lunches, etc.
- Company-paid learning, conferences
- Regular team-building events
- English classes
Litera is the result of more than 20 years of experience delivering innovative document technology solutions to the legal and life sciences communities. Our focus is on helping organizations spend more time creating the highest quality documents and less time fixing them.
The integration of Litéra, Microsystems, The Sackett Group, and XRef is a response to our industry’s trend towards providing end-to-end solutions rather than having customers manage multiple vendors. Litera Microsystems introduces a suite of best-in-class products that improve our customers’ ability to focus on what matters: serving their clients, not their documents.
Each company’s story began in a unique place, from former lawyers responding to the profession’s pain points, to experts helping law firms transition to the word processor of the future, to an industry outsider developing software out of a passion for problem-solving technology.
Each organization brought a level of knowledge and service to Litera Microsystems that makes us the industry-leading, end-to-end provider of document lifecycle solutions. We understand that the service that we provide, in addition to our software, is a difference-maker. This is why we continue to support our solutions with the foremost customer service in the industry.
Today, we support more than 1,300 organizations across the globe in both the legal and life sciences sectors.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
27 October 2020