We are looking for a passionate engineer who possesses a strong drive to innovate and collaborate with others. We have a variety of projects that require DevOps/SRE support. Our projects include one of the world’s top 10 traffic web properties, as well as a variety of smaller applications.
This is an intensive client-facing role that requires excellent communication skills. Additionally, you'll be responsible for managing and improving our internal infrastructure, help estimate and implement infrastructure updates.
We are also looking for basic coding skills, someone who can write clean and maintainable server-side code and help us out with other engineering tasks from time to time.
Required Technical Skills
- High level of comfort with complex AWS infrastructure.
- CI/CD (Gitlab, Bitbucket, and others).
- Databases: MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- Python and Go programming languages.
- Strong Linux skills.
Will be a plus
- Experience producing estimates that help set right expectations with clients.
- Writing documentation and case studies.
- Other cloud providers, such as Google Cloud and Azure
- Redis, Memcached, Rabbit MQ.
Other Skills Required
- Fluent English and the ability to spend extended time on video/conference calls.
- Ability to maximize overlap with US Eastern time zone business hours (New York).
- Developmental mindset: an open mind, open heart, curiosity, humility, feedback.
What’s Important for Us?
Responsiveness and communication
- stay online, respond to questions, have reported, and blockers ready for standups and other Scrum events
- be ready to hop on Video conference calls and screen-share your progress
- Understand the project paradigm - both on technical and business sides, and make sure you can support it, while also testing all your work to minimize defects; achieve high code quality.
- Ramp up on Agile best practices, especially Scrum framework.
- Collaborate with colleagues both internally and externally: internally with other engineers, QA, and managers; externally with engineers, designers, and managers on the client-side.
- Track all your activities in a time tracker.
- Pick your hours to be available for collaboration during your colleagues and your client’s work hours, which typically span from 5 am to 5 pm Eastern (New York).
- Collaborate with your lead to develop your growth plan.
- HR interview (30-40 minutes).
- English check-in (30 minutes).
- Technical interview (1 hour).
- Interview with Head of Delivery/CEO (1 hour).
- Job Offer.
At Speed & Function, we are a team of passionate individuals who practice the art of custom software. We help take product ideas to market through best practices in UX and engineering, led by product strategy and management. We deliver a full range of refinement, from prototype to MVP to enterprise-grade applications, having released over 300 products in over 10 years. We bring software and collaboration best practices enjoyed by large organizations to the open market at below-enterprise rates. Speed & Function has built and operated several SaaS platforms. Our advanced expertise is in UI engineering/front-end and: we build high-performance, secure and accessible interfaces that are easy to use across all mainstream devices. "Speed" in our name stands for performance. Risk management is an integral component of each product we work on, which helps us deliver significantly above average success rates to our clients. We are striving to become a deliberately developmental organization (DDO / growth culture).
Our flexible, transparent, and proactive approach to communication, sets us apart from others in our field. Over the past 11 years we've continued to refine and master this practice, earning us our reputation as one of the strongest web development and UI engineering shops in the Philadelphia area.
Our mission is to finalize a unique collaboration framework that's relevant to 21st-century challenges and allows delivering both state-of-the-art technology solutions and amazing collaboration experience.
We are a distributed team with headquarters in Philadelphia, USA, and a variety of locations in Europe, primarily in Ukraine and Montenegro. Most of us currently work from home.
Currently, there are over 40 of us: mostly engineers, but we also have people who do administration, business development, finance, and HR.
DOU company page: