The Software Engineer will be a member of our engineering team working on the development of patient monitoring solutions products. This position requires a deep understanding of solid design and development practices and the ability to apply those to our product development.
A key element of this role includes advocating for and designing products that meet the functional, performance and cybersecurity needs of our customers. A strong systems approach to product development will be necessary in this role.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years’ relevant software development experience is required
- Proficiency in C++ and good knowledge in object-oriented programming paradigm
- Experience developing high reliability, highly scalable systems, services and devices
- Experience developing mission critical services in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Familiar with security best practices for Service Oriented Architecture and IOT Systems
- Experience with Linux, Containers, DevOps environments
- Working knowledge of software development tools such as Azure DevOps, Git, Re-sharper, etc
- Able to work and influence in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, for both internal and external audiences, at all levels
- Experience developing for the cloud or mobile devices is desirable
- Docker Swarm experience. Kubernetes experience might be a substitute
- Python experience
- Elastic stack experience
Good to have
- Experience with more programming languages Java, C# or Python
- Eclipse IDE with EMF experience: Using Xpand templates to generate code frameworks from a UML
- System Level Test automation
- Medical Device is a plus.
- Web UI development is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Agile development processes.
- Participate in systems level requirements definition, architecture, design and external communications/connectivity interface designs.
- Lead component design efforts. Understand and design to existing interface specifications.
- Design, write, debug, document and release software used for communication, storage and analysis of patient physiological information.
- Work with global teams and other cross-functional staff to define requirements related to patient bedside monitors.
- Ensure on-time delivery of software including design documentation and unit tests necessary to maintenance of the software.
- Work with program core team members including Quality and Regulatory to ensure conformance to established design development processes and procedures.
- Participate in cross-functional FMEA process and design reviews to ensure product quality and reliability.
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. By leveraging Agile / Lean MVP methods, cutting-edge technologies, and an integrated approach to experience design and complex engineering, we empower global brands such as Microsoft, BMC, Coca Cola, Samsung, Physio Control, and Roku to develop the “next big thing” in their markets. GlobalLogic is headquartered in Silicon Valley and operates design and engineering centers around the world, where we are continuously recognized as a top innovator and employer by organizations like Zinnov and Glassdoor.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
22 September 2020