Our client is a Berlin-based fintech company that offers Banking-as-a-Service Platform with its German banking license.
The team will consist of one client side Java Architect and one or two very experienced engineers.
The task is to bootstrap a modern fast pace REST API stack, to setup the stack from scratch on top of our existing infrastructure.
You will work in the digital banking unit, which owns the management of digital banking accounts and money transactions between them. The mission is to bootstrap our initial team that establishes Java in our tech stack as a green field (from scratch) approach. As such, you will heavily influence and create the architectural direction of our java stack and put in place a modern, pragmatic and state of the art usage of Java for high performance applications.
- Constant architecture discussions and design with customer team;
- Technical tasks design, implementation, refactoring;
- Code review, code optimisation, performance optimisation;
- Ensure on-time delivery of new API endpoints;
- Maintain and evolve existing API functionalities;
- Deliver quality code in an efficient manner;
- Be a good team player (a team of 4-5 developers), collaborate with customer side engineers, agile coaches and product owners;
- Active participation in planning, estimations, commitments;
- Able to create and present a technical vision;
- Take end-to-end ownership of the set of micro services used on the project;
- Contribute to infrastructure and automation tools.
- Excellent JAVA knowledge including latest versions;
- Proven experience with high load low latency application development and optimisation;
- Deep understanding of common architectural concepts, patterns, and approaches;
- Profound experience with micro services architecture;
- Profound experience with AWS and with infrastructure as code;
- Inside out understanding of application servers;
- Good reactive programming experience;
- Experience with RESTful services;
- Experience with unit testing and code quality tools;
- Knowledge of RDBMS (Postgres, MariaDB);
- Strong algorithmic and problem-solving skills;
- Understand and live agile workflows and lean principles and engineering practices;
- Upper-Intermediate / Advanced English.
Nice to have:
- You can work with infrastructure tools like Docker, Terraform and Concourse;
- You can translate tech topics to a business audience;
Intellias is a challenge-driven software engineering company, based in Ukraine (Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa, Kharkiv) and locally represented in Berlin, Germany.
Since 2002, we've been helping leading technology companies from EU and North America to create their software products by building and operating world-class engineering teams in Eastern Europe for them
DOU company page:
Job posted on
16 September 2020