Our client connects millions of buyers and merchants around the world to unlock cross-border trade. The company provides advanced international marketing solutions for e-commerce retailers and brands seeking to grow their businesses globally. Using a suite of automated localization tools, merchants can quickly launch their stores on international markets and promote them to new audiences with Google Shopping Ads.
The Head office of the company is located in France, development departments are located in Poland and Serbia, the current team consists of 20 developers onsite (you will work and communicate directly with 5 of them).
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The part of the project you will be joining is about shipment calculations and tracking, integration with shipment providers and customs representatives, logistic operations and data reconciliation for all stages of the shipment process. The application is designed specifically for large enterprise clients who run huge amounts of shipment and carriers and delivery and shipment services (including such clients as DHL and Chronopost).
Initially, the application was created on Perl and was built on a huge monolithic infrastructure. Now the team of 5 developers and 1 QA are working on splitting the application into several microservices and rewriting the app in a more modern Mojolicious framework. Around 30% of the codebase is now being developed in Python, the rest is Perl-based.
- Python 3;
- SQL databases, InfluxDB, Prometheus, Grafana;
- RabbitMQ for message queries implementing;
- Docker, Kubernetes;
- Serverless computing;
- Gitlab for CI/CD.
- 3+ years of Python development experience;
- Experience building REST APIs;
- Strong grasp of SQL databases;
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Google API;
- Hands-on experience using Docker for containerization;
- Solid experience with Kubernetes;
- Good spoken and written English skills – at least Upper-Intermediate level.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with caching services like Memcached, Redis etc.;
- Experience with message queries like RabbitMQ, SQS or alike;
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch;
- Knowledge of InfluxDB, Prometheus, Grafana;
- Experience using serverless computing like AWS Lambda or Google Functions;
- Knowledge of GraphQL;
- Experience using Gitlab for CI/CD.
Mobilunity is over 200 passionate people who are keen on software development. We work with English-speaking customers from international markets - from US and Canada to Europe and Israel - and help them creating the products and services they exactly need.
Our team keeps on growing and we constantly need new bright, smart and inspired professionals to #joinus and help creating something amazing.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
4 November 2020