Currently we are looking for a very strong Team Leader of the backend development team for online education platform based on Open edX (which is based on Python).
Project is green-field implementation of Online Education Platform for pupils. System is "School online". It's planned that solution will be based on Open edX platform and support integrations with some social networks and Payment Gateway. Web and application services will use Azure IaaS model, Data - mostly PaaS one.
This position is a part of an EPAM Anywhere program for remote employees. EPAM Anywhere offers the best of both worlds: working full-time with clients from Fortune Global 2000 list and enjoying work-life balance working remotely.
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a Development Team Lead
- Strong Python experience with Django Framework
- Experience with MongoDB, Memcached, MySQL, Elasticsearch, query optimization tools and techniques, data modelling techniques, and database design
- Knowledge and experience of Django signals, REST API, Nginx
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills to lead a team
- Good understanding of TDD and BDD approaches
- Experience with Identity Management (OAuth/OIDC/SAML, JWT)
- Python unit tests, Sonar/PyLint
- Self-motivated to be a part of a high-performing team
- Experience with common design and code patterns (e.g., dependency injection, singleton, factories, etc.)
- Experience of agile methodologies in software development
- Continuous Integration and Delivery using TeamCity and\or Jenkins
- Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP or any other in background)
- Good understanding of cloud patterns ant services
- Ability to provide and follow best practices for developers: good coding habits, code reviews, pep8 standards for syntax, styling, comments
- Good communication skills
- English B1 and higher
Project technologies and tools:
- Open edX platform (Python, Django, React.js, Redux, Bootstrap, Mako, Underscore.js, Webpack, MongoDB, Memcached/Redis, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis/RabbitMQ, VM)
- Other parts (which may not require customization) with a bit usage of Java, Ruby, MySQL
- Git, Sonar, Jira, Confluence, Nexus/Artifactory, SonarQube
- Azure Blob, Azure Load Balancer, Azure Traffic Manager, Log Analytics, Azure KeyVault, Akamai CDN, Azure Monitor
About Epam Systems
Since 1993, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM) has leveraged its software engineering expertise to become a leading global product development, digital platform engineering, and top digital and product design agency. Through its ‘Engineering DNA’ and innovative strategy, consulting, and design capabilities, EPAM works in collaboration with its customers to deliver next-gen solutions that turn complex business challenges into real business outcomes. EPAM’s global teams serve customers in over 25 countries across North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. EPAM is a recognized market leader in multiple categories among top global independent research agencies and was one of only four technology companies to appear on each of the Forbes 25 Fastest Growing Public Tech Companies lists between 2013 and 2017.
DOU company page:
Apply for job
Job posted on
21 May 2020