About the vacancy:
Nortal is looking for an experienced Back End Developer for long term and full-time employment!
About our client:
Our client, TUI UK, is a global business with over 70 000 people on board, great history and challenging plans for building a digital future. TUI UK is the largest leisure, travel and tourism company globally, and it owns travel agencies, hotels, airlines, cruise ships and retail shops.
About the project:
You will join Web, Engagement global team at TUI UK responsible for the Web technologies across all holiday products and all TUI UK regions which owns several web applications that serve millions of users per year, generating billions in revenue for TUI UK. You will work with the multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps, and Agile Delivery who are located, and providing technical services, across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium, and The Netherlands. The project is a web platform (Hybris) and the client’s strategy is to embrace new technologies to prepare for the future and deliver for the now. Client is looking at moving to Modular Architecture which will provide benefits to the way we work along with delivering faster and more efficiently for our business and customers.
- Create and maintain state of the art web applications
- Follow and improve code quality standards
- Perform technical assessment of architectural designs/specifications to ensure the possibility of their implementation within reasonable time
- Create, discuss and review API and architecture proposals and provide the solution
- Contribute ideas through your knowledge of evolving backend technologies
- Use industry best practices of development processes & tools, adopt and improve them
- Proficient in Java, and GO
- Practical knowledge with the Spring framework
- Delivery flow: branching strategy, repo management, code style guides and enforcing, testing approaches, CI/CD, release plan
- Expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools, and services on AWS
- English upper-intermediate
Nortal is a multinational strategic change and technology company carrying out high-impact, mission-critical projects for governments and leading businesses, some of which top the Fortune 500 list, in Europe, North America, and the Middle East.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
9 March 2023
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni